[Resolved] Smaller image size for blog thumbnails?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Smaller image size for blog thumbnails?

Home Forums Support Smaller image size for blog thumbnails?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jeremy

Hi,

Right now on my blog, there is 1 main featured blog entry, then a few smaller image thumbnails beneath it. However, for the thumbnails, right now it is pulling the full size file then resizing it down in scale, but the file size is the same. Is there any way to use smaller sized files for the thumbnails to reduce load time?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you link me to your site so I can see what you mean?

Jeremy
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Getting a 403 Forbidden error?

Emily Condit

Hi, Tom.

I’m getting really bad gtmetrix grades because my thumbnails aren’t scaling on my home page where I’m using masonry. The full size image is being used and shrunk somehow. The width = 600 and the height is 400 but the thumbnails are considerably smaller. About 300X200.

My load time is over 3 seconds which isn’t good. I got rid of my social counts and fixed my .htaccess file but I can’t figure out for the life of me how to scale the front page images on the fly and I don’t know if some kind of javascript is required to do that.

My site is cafeemily.com.

Thanks!
    ๐Ÿ™‚ Emily

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Emily,

Your website loaded nice and fast for me.

Your images are barely resizing, so I doubt it’s the images that are causing the issue.

That being said, you can resize the image using the Blog add-on. Go to “Customize > Blog > Post Images” and you can set a new width for you images.

Leave the height alone, as the height will resize proportionally to the width.

Let me know if that helps or not ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.