[Support request] Sluggish mobile speed tests

Home Forums Support [Support request] Sluggish mobile speed tests

Home Forums Support Sluggish mobile speed tests

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jon

Hi GeneratePress team,

First off, thanks for the impressive upgrade to version 3!

I’ve updated my site, Cast & Spear to it, enabled flexbox, and so far so good.

I’m running W3 Cache, Autoptimize, AsyncJS, WP YT Lyte, and PerfMatters for optimization. GTMetrix has my site pretty good, but Google Speedtest for mobile has me in the red.

I’ve followed your speed guide for Autoptimize. Do you have one for the other plugins?

I greatly appreciated any other speed recs you may have. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks in advance,
    Jon

Jason

I feel I am having the same problem with my mobile site. I am using WP-Optimize and still very slow.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Jon,

A good check is to look at the browser dev tools network panel. Right Click > Inspect the site in Chrome, open Network tab and then perform an Empty Cache and Hard Reload ( Hold click on Refresh ). You can then see what is loading and when.

Challenge those requests:

For example: Font Awesome – you’re loading 3 x fonts ( + a lot of CSS that is related to them). Could you replace your icons with SVG to remove these additional requests?

Then look a the JS files being loaded – would it be better to Defer loading the 3rd party scripts using a plugin like Flying scripts. This will completely remove any render blocking they generate.

In regards to optimizing the other plugins. I would recommend doing most of your optimization in Autoptimize and just use W3 for page caching – what you want to avoid is having both plugins perform the same functions.

Hi Jason, can you raise a new topic so we can look at your site in isolation.

Jon

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I’ll look into converting the icons to SVG.

I’ve installed Flying scripts. I thought this would have been taken care of by Async JS, but maybe not. After installing I haven’t seen the removal of the rending blocking issue. Maybe I need to be more patient.

I’ve made sure my optimizations are done in AO and left W3 cache to caching only.

Hope this works *fingers-crossed*

Cheers,
    Jon

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome.
    Flying Scripts is slightly different to AsyncJS as it will allow you to defer the loading of 3rd party scripts. ie. They will only load after the complete page is loaded ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.