[Support request] slower transition for sticky header

Home Forums Support [Support request] slower transition for sticky header

Home Forums Support slower transition for sticky header

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jean

Sorry, I’m still a bit of a rookie with transitions and I can’t seem to figure out how to tinker with the sticky header transition. I’d like to slightly slow/smooth both the fade in and fade out of the sticky header — can you help me with that, please?

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

there isn’t much we can do to adjust the transition of the sticky navigation aside of the settings here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/sticky-navigation/

However we recommend that you use enable the Navigation as Header option in Customizer > Layout > Header when using the Sticky nav – its a lot smoother transition.

If you enable that with the Sticky Nav > Fade i may be able to provide some CSS to slow the transition.

NOTE: When using Nav as Header and Sticky nav – its height, which also affects the logo size is defined by the Menu Item height.

Jean

OK, I changed to Navigation as Header, and it was already set to Sticky Nav > Fade. I don’t seem to notice any difference in the transition, so if you do find time to pass me some css for that I’d greatly appreciated it. Not critical, though. Thanks again for the support. https://rdusdev3.wpengine.com/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry bit of a waste of time… the Sticky Navigation currently uses jQuery and has no filter to change its behaviour. I ‘crazily’ thought maybe theres a way around it but there isn’t.

We will be rewriting the sticky nav in vanilla JS which will include filters to change the transition.

Jean

Got it — no prob — thanks for checking!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for your patience 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.