[Support request] Slow site

Home Forums Support [Support request] Slow site

Home Forums Support Slow site

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John

The site was fast before and now scores 40 in mobile google pagespeed it did 81 this morning.

View post on imgur.com

slow

What can i change about this?

Also i had cookies consent on the site but it added 1,5sec pageload for mobile!! so i deleted it. But i also need it..

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s a lot of requests. You can try using something like Autoptimize: https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

Other than that, you can look at your hosting. Make sure you’re using PHP 7, as that will make a big difference.

John

It went to 76 on mobile. And 88 on pingdom. A lot better thanks. Pingdom 88 load time 3seconds. So could still be better any more tips? Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so testing on Pingdom for comparison, using UK server: load time is 2.2 seconds. Which is great.
    The reports and particularly the waterfall report provides all the info regarding what is taking time to load.
    You can see the first initial request to the server is taking around 1 second, half of which is waiting time. So maybe have a word with your host to see what the can do to improve that.

John

oke thanks so hosting is bad. have to change that then ๐Ÿ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.