[Support request] Slow loading on cellphones

Home Forums Support [Support request] Slow loading on cellphones

Home Forums Support Slow loading on cellphones

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Annalena

Hi!

Two questions. 1. When testing my site on google web page speed, I get very poor result for cellphones and Google suggest me to install AMP. I did that but I don’t know what that is so it’s hard to get it right. I have also installed a lazy loading plugin. What more can I do?

2. I can’t find where to change the number of columns for cellphones. As it is now it shows two products beside each other, I want just one product to show at the time. Where are the settings for that?

Thank you so very much!

Kind regards
    Annalena J

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. Here are our optimizing tips:
    https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

I just checked your site on my phone and it loads quite quickly for me as well – keep in mind that you do have lots of images on that front page.

2. Give this CSS a shot:

@media (max-width: 600px) {
        .woocommerce ul.products[class*=columns-] li.product, .woocommerce-page ul.products[class*=columns-] li.product {
            width: 100% !important;
            float: none !important;
        }
    }

Make sure to clear your caching plugin as well.

Annalena

Hi!

When pasting the code into the snippet plugin I get several notification about syntax error and unexpected things and it won’t be saved.

Annalena

Hello again!

I pasted the code in simple css and then it worked. Sorry, my mistake! But however, when going in to customize to see how it looks on tablets it becomes a really large column, is there a way to exclude tablets from that code?

Most thankful!

Annalena

Sorry to bother you again but the code seems not to work. I tested the site speed on google and it showed two products aside despite the new code.

Thanks for your help!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Tablet in portrait mode is tough to deal with.

Try the edited code above.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.