[Support request] Slide out widget bar – how to make that

Home Forums Support [Support request] Slide out widget bar – how to make that

Home Forums Support Slide out widget bar – how to make that

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by David.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chribre

Hello Support,
    I am using the GeneratePress Pro version and I ma very happy with that superb Theme. I have defined a right Sidebar. This Sidebar appears on the startpage and some other pages defined per page thru the layout-widget on the Page-Editing-screen. Standard is no Sidebar’s. Thats fine.
    Playing around of my Site, I found:
    On the Blog and on Archives, I would like to have this or a specially designed Widgets-Sidebar sliding in from the right side or just appear over the right side of the content. Opened by a Menu-entry.
    Functionality should be like the slideout-menu. Klicking on that menu item let that widgets-sidebar show up. Klicking on a closing Button [X] on the top right of the special ‘widgets-sidebar’ makes it disapear.
    Do you have an Idea how I could do that.
    Thanks for your help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the slideout menu has its own widget area, so you can just add the slideout and load it with the widgets you require.

chribre

Hello David,
    thank you very much. That helped partly. All the functionality is there but the look are not exactly what I wanted. I played around with additional CCS in Customizer. But I did not exactly came to th results I wish.

Thats what I did: I set up a Menu: ‘rightslideout’ with one entry: ‘Start’ and two widgets: ‘New posts’ and ‘Archive’. That all worked more or less well so far.

Thats what i would like to have some help for:
    1. The the lists and the titles in the widgets are NOT one per line. Thats bad.
    2. The width of the slideout should be 350px. That would be nice. I tryed:
    .main-navigation.offside { width: 350px; }
    .offside–right { right: -230px; }
    BUT removed it afterwards.
    3. The closing Button should be inside the slideout, top right corner on top of the first Menu entry.
    4. The opacity is much to dark, should be lighter. That I could resolve with:
    .offside-js–is-open .slideout-overlay { opacity: 0.1; }
    Closing Button is nearly invisible.

I am not very good in CSS so i could not get the desired result. Please help

Thanks for your help
    Christoph

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Moving the close button inside the slideout nav is tricky. The good news is the GPP 1.8 version which is currently out as Alpha release has this option built in. You can try it out if you want? You can find it in your Account > Downloads. Let me know and then we can help out with adjusting the width for you.

chribre

Hi David,
    Thank you for this Alpha-Release. I implemented it on a Testsite https://cbtst.creco.ch.

Now it works as expected, with one small design-flaw: The Menutext should be:
    font-size: 16px; font-weight: 500; in

.slideout-navigation.main-navigation .main-nav ul li a {
    color: #ffffff;
    font-weight: 200;
    text-transform: none;
    font-size: 25px;
    }

But I cannot fix this in Customizer, Additional CSS.

I could fix the width of the slidein for chrome by exchanging all 265px occurences with 350px in gp-premium/menu-plus/functions/css/offside.css – works for chrome but is NOT a usable solution. Does not surwive an update of the plugin.

The Text-, Link- and background-colors in the Widgets was tricky to set up. And I am not sure if it is correct.

One other bad thing you should know about:
    When I activated the NextGEN-Plugin then the the slidein moved to the end below the footer. This is true for the actual as for the alpha-Version. I think they do some bad things in their CSS.

So this development is what I need. Thanks for your bright Ideas. This is realy a great Theme with a fast and excellent support. I will test it further and bring it in to production. Perhaps you could help me with the menu text. Thanks again.

Chears Christoph

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So the Off Canvas panel ( formerly the Slideout ) has its own Typography settings in the Customizer. Is this not working? Maybe a cache? let me know.

Yes NextGEN plugin has come up a few times, if you ‘must’ use it we have a fix for the issue it creates.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.