[Resolved] Site Title (two rows needed); background image on front page header only

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Site Title (two rows needed); background image on front page header only

Home Forums Support Site Title (two rows needed); background image on front page header only

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stevonne German

Hi I am brand new to wordpress and generate press has been the best template thus far, so thank you for creating it 🙂

My questions are:

1) How can I create a site title that has two rows? For instance, the current view is all on one line with the motto directly below. I would like it to read

The Cleopatra Jones
    Crusade, Inc.

I tried putting alot of spaces but it only went to the second row when I added letters that I didn’t need.

2) I have a header background image on my home page but I do not want it on the other header pages….is there a way i can just keep it on the one page and delete it from the others?

Thanks so much for any help.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. Best way to do this is probably using GP Hooks. First, remove the site title and tagline in “Customize > Header Content”.

Then, go into GP Hooks and add something like this in the “Before Header Content” hook:

<div class="site-branding">
          <p class="main-title" itemprop="headline"><a href="URL TO YOUR HOMEPAGE" title="TITLE OF YOUR WEBSITE (SHORT)" rel="home">THE TITLE OF YOUR WEBSITE <br /> THIS IS ON THE SECOND LINE</a></p>
          <p class="site-description">YOUR SITE TAGLINE</p>
    </div>

2. You may want to remove the header from the option and use CSS instead.

.home .site-header {
          background-image: url( 'URL TO YOUR IMAGE' );
    }
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.