[Resolved] Site-title link,menu float-right

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Site-title link,menu float-right

Home Forums Support Site-title link,menu float-right

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jamal

Hi Tom,

1.How can i remove the link in site title?

2. I would like to float menu right but below site title and logo (which are both centred and re-arranged using a function you provided)

3. Limit search box to width of menu items (When navigation is below or above menu)

4.Limit width of sub-menu items when using the horizontal alignment code you provided.

Too many questions i know,just point me in the right direction please.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Jamal. Reason: Added more questions
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Jamal,

1. What function are you using to rearrange your header items? This will depend on that function.

2. I’m not sure what you mean – any examples

3. The navigation search? It will span the entire width of the navigation container – floating the navigation will make the width only as wide as the number of items.

4. Horizontal alignment code? Can I see an example?

Jamal

I rearranged header elements using https://gist.github.com/generatepress/d58dd082dbd741943aee
    Created horizontal sub menu with https://gist.github.com/generatepress/fc710ced4501566999fc

What i was trying to do is have header on top and navigation below header but i would like the menu to behave like its floating right. I would like to avoid the navigation search spanning whole container width when navigation is below header. I hope im making sense πŸ™‚

In short is it possible to float navigation right and make it appear below header?

Would also like the horizontal sub-menu to float right when i chose to float the menu right. Im using this topic to learn more so i can use all the awesome combinations possible with this theme so bear with me please.

Some more questions:
    5. How can i put border on whole of navigation?
    6. Border on sticky navigation so it looks like http://oi63.tinypic.com/4uxhcp.jpg

Thanks very very much Tom πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can link me to your site?

5. This CSS:

.main-navigation {
        border: 1px solid #222222;
    }

6. Couldn’t see a pic there?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ok, back to the first post in the topic:

1. In the code you’re using to rearrange items, find this:

<p class="main-title" itemprop="headline"><a href="<?php echo apply_filters( 'generate_site_title_href', esc_url( home_url( '/' ) ) ); ?>" title="<?php echo esc_attr( get_bloginfo( 'name', 'display' ) ); ?>" rel="home"><?php bloginfo( 'name' ); ?></a></p>

And replace it with:

<p class="main-title" itemprop="headline"><?php bloginfo( 'name' ); ?></p>

2. Currently your menu is floated to the right but above the header. Have you tried moving it below the header in “Customize > Layout > Navigation Position”?

3. Try this CSS:

.inside-navigation {
        float: right;
    }

You’ll have to adjust your margin-left: 600px CSS for the sub-menu.

4. The width of your sub menu items seem to be adjusting the amount of text. Looks pretty standard to me?

5. You can add a border to the sticky navigation like this:

.main-navigation.navigation-clone {
        border-bottom: 2px solid #222222;
    }
    Jamal

Thank you very much Tom,you really are very helpful. I have got the look i wanted for now,really appreciated.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.