[Support request] Site Speed Issues my new WP blog (GeneratedPress theme)

Home Forums Support [Support request] Site Speed Issues my new WP blog (GeneratedPress theme)

Home Forums Support Site Speed Issues my new WP blog (GeneratedPress theme)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael

I just started a blog at shillmaster.com and I’m having trouble with the site speed. It’s brand new, and before I ramp up this site and potentially pay for the premium version of GeneratePress, I was wondering if you guys could recommend a way to get the site speed up significantly? It’s currently an F rating on almost all site ratings.

I just downloaded a plugin called LiteSpeed Cache, but it didn’t do much and I’ve also heard (after DL’ing and using briefly) that caching plugins can be a detriment to the wordpress/theme/site.

Thanks and very much appreciate your help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

your site is currently using a CDN and that is making the requests from a FTP site… not sure how your site is being hosted but that is why the site is so slow to load.

Have a chat with your host as to why the site is being hosted on a FTP server….

Michael

Hey David, thanks for the help.

I’m using GoDaddy hosted WordPress, is there anything I can do to request that GoDaddy change FTP to something much faster? If so, what do I tell them to change it to?

Michael

I just figured out the issue. CDN is automatically enabled when you create a GoDaddy managed WordPress. However, with the GeneratePress Theme, I was getting abysmal site speeds before turning OFF CDN.

Once logged into your GoDaddy Account:

Click “My Products” > “Managed WordPress” > Click “Manage” Next to your site

At the top click “Settings” > Under “Production Site” you’ll see “CDN” > Disable CDN

Now your site speed will be significantly better. Make sure when you check site speed you clear cookies and cache first or you’ll see old site speed.

Thanks again David for the help!

Hope this helps someone else in the future!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.