- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 6 months ago by Sumit.
July 13, 2017 at 1:12 pm #349068Gary
Tom, I followed your optimization guide and it actually worked very well. The more I work with your web site Generate Press and your team the happier I am I chose your theme!!!
My initial scores were all A except the following. Can you please give me some direction on each of these?
1. GT Metrix
Enable Keep Alive F – 25
Enabling HTTP Keep-Alive or HTTP persistent connections allow the same TCP connection to send and receive multiple HTTP requests, thus reducing the latency for subsequent requests.
2. Enable gzip compression F – 37
Reduce the size of files sent from your server to increase the speed to which they are transferred to the browser.
• Reduce sizes of pages by up to 70%
• Increase page speed
• Cost-benefit ratio: high
• Access needed to the .htaccess files or server administration files
3. Optimize Images – C 70
I have optimized each photo and used Smush. any suggestions on how I can improve this score?
4. Leverage browser caching C- 79
Page load times can be significantly improved by asking visitors to save and reuse the files included in your website.
• Reduces page load times for repeat visitors
• Particularly effective on websites where users regularly re-visit the same areas of the website
• Benefit-cost ratio: high
• Access needed
Tom, any and all advise is greatly appreciated. ThanksGP Premium 1.3.1July 14, 2017 at 12:31 am #349229TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
A lot of these have to do with your server/hosting
1. I believe this is something that needs to be done within your server – might be worth ask your hosting company.
2. This is on the server side – it can usually be done in your .htaccess file if you do a quick Google.
3. WP Smush should help a lot. I usually just run my images through http://optimizilla.com/.
4. This is also server related.
It might be worth looking at a plugin like WP Rocket, which should handle most (if not all) of these issues for you.
Let me know if you need more info 🙂July 14, 2017 at 6:49 am #349337Gary
THANKSJuly 14, 2017 at 10:24 am #349463TomLead DeveloperLead DeveloperMay 16, 2018 at 12:31 pm #577430Sumit
Hi is I wanted to ask what image optimization plugin you guys recommend?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.