[Resolved] SIte Optimization Issues

Home Forums Support [Resolved] SIte Optimization Issues

Home Forums Support SIte Optimization Issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gary

Tom, I followed your optimization guide and it actually worked very well. The more I work with your web site Generate Press and your team the happier I am I chose your theme!!!

My initial scores were all A except the following. Can you please give me some direction on each of these?
    1. GT Metrix
    Enable Keep Alive F – 25
    Enabling HTTP Keep-Alive or HTTP persistent connections allow the same TCP connection to send and receive multiple HTTP requests, thus reducing the latency for subsequent requests.

2. Enable gzip compression F – 37
    Reduce the size of files sent from your server to increase the speed to which they are transferred to the browser.
    • Reduce sizes of pages by up to 70%
    • Increase page speed
    • Cost-benefit ratio: high
    • Access needed to the .htaccess files or server administration files

3. Optimize Images – C 70
    I have optimized each photo and used Smush. any suggestions on how I can improve this score?

4. Leverage browser caching C- 79
    Page load times can be significantly improved by asking visitors to save and reuse the files included in your website.
    • Reduces page load times for repeat visitors
    • Particularly effective on websites where users regularly re-visit the same areas of the website
    • Benefit-cost ratio: high
    • Access needed

Tom, any and all advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

A lot of these have to do with your server/hosting

1. I believe this is something that needs to be done within your server – might be worth ask your hosting company.

2. This is on the server side – it can usually be done in your .htaccess file if you do a quick Google.

3. WP Smush should help a lot. I usually just run my images through http://optimizilla.com/.

4. This is also server related.

It might be worth looking at a plugin like WP Rocket, which should handle most (if not all) of these issues for you.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Gary

THANKS

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Sumit

Hi is I wanted to ask what image optimization plugin you guys recommend?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.