[Resolved] Site not responsive at all

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Site not responsive at all

Home Forums Support Site not responsive at all

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Les

Hi,
    I recently used GP (premium, latest version) plus ELementor Pro to rebuild a website for a client. It looks great, and
    in a browser it is responsive. However on phones (Android, 8.1 and 7.x and iPhones, 11.x), as well as in Chrome DevTools Responsive mode, the pages just shows a scaled-down version of the desktop site – briefly, it’s showing as if they were tablets. No collapsing, etc. This is true for pages that have use only GeneratePress as well as for pages that use Elementor. If I replace GeneratePress with TwentySixteen then the problem disappears and it collapses to the mobile layout properly. This is on SiteGround, running PHP 7.x and whatever the latest WP is. I am not using other plugins to build menus or affect the site layout otherwise.

I have tried turning off spacing, sections, etc. I have tried turning off the caching plugin. I’ve cleared caches. Tried extra CSS for Elementor (I realize this is not an Elementor support forum). Mobile breakpoints are set to standard. No dice. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Les,

You have a GoogleAnaytics script hooked into the Head, but it is missing the closing </script> tag. Fix this first so we can have another look.

Les

That worked and it now responds! (the power of a missing </script> should not be underestimated). Next time I will check anything I’ve added more carefully.

Thanks,
    Les

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.