[Resolved] Site nav bar on all pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Site nav bar on all pages

Home Forums Support Site nav bar on all pages

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JoEllen

Hello!

I’m perplexed =( I’m a mental health practitioner trying to build my own website using GeneratePress 1.4 (child theme) / GP Premium 1.4.3 plus Elementor page builder. I spent a lot of time this weekend building better pages using Elementor’s templates (yay for templates!) and I’ve been trying to wrap up my weekend by getting the navigation menu on each page – so far, it’s only on my Welcome page . . . (heritagecounselingMN.com). I’ve searched as many ways as I can think to do so, but I can only find solutions that requiring some coding. I’ve tried to understand the vids and instructions for changing the files, but this is all completely over my head. Plus, I’m still actively working on the website, so I know I’ll be experimenting and making many more changes. In other words, I’m looking for a simple way for a lay-person to have a nav menu show on each page. Help please!

Thanks very much!
    JoEllen

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Are you hiding your header on those other pages? Using the Disable Elements add-on perhaps? If so, the navigation is inside the header, so it’s being removed.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

JoEllen

Thanks for your prompt reply, Tom! (I had to hit the hay!)

No luck yet; I’ve looked at everything that makes sense to me that would tie to a header – see below.

In Appearance/GeneratePress I have none of the options checked (I esp. looked at Disable Elements) and all have Deactivate to the right in the list – so all are active.

Here are my settings for a few things that look to me like they might affect my issue (I’m hoping you have the same fields as I’m just putting in my selections):
    Customize/Site Identity – Hide site title = No / Hide site tagline = No
    Customize/Layout/Header – Full / Full / Left / [padding] / Enable (mobile) / Disable (sticky)
    Customize/Layout/Primary Navigation – my settings here are Menu / Full / Contained / Float Right / Left / Hover / Disable (nav search)
    Customize/Layout/Page Header – Above Content Area / Above Content Area
    Customize/Menu/Menu Location – Select / Select / My Main Menu (Primary)
    Customize/Menu/My Main Menu – Display Location: Primary Menu / Menu Options: Auto add = Yes

I have Page Headers in my LH nav bar – All Page Headers / Add New / Global Locations – this hasn’t been intuitive for me so far – maybe this is where I need something?

Please advise. Thank you again!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

While editing the individual pages, look for the Disable Elements meta box: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/disable-elements-overview/

Is the “Header” option checked on any of them?

JoEllen

What I’m seeing is that on the pages (3 total) that I created using Elementor Page Builder but NOT any Elementor templates the navigation menu will show. On the pages (also 3 pages) that I created using Elementor templates the nav menu does NOT show. In Page Attributes section, I’m noticing that for the pages that DO show the nav menu, Template = Default Template; for the ones that do not, Template = Elementor Canvas. Am I closer to a solution? :O) ! Is there another setting I need to adjust when working with the Elementor templates in GP? Or is that a question to Elementor? Thanks for hanging with me on this, Tom!!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Elementor Canvas strips all of GP’s elements which means the menu won’t show.

Let us know if this answers your question.

JoEllen

Thanks, Leo! I did not know that. That makes all the difference!

(I think I was being clued into the this just late yesterday as I was reading Elementor’s release about their new menu functionality.)

Thanks to you, Leo, and Tom! I’ll marked this resolved. Have a great rest of your week.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad we could help ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.