[Resolved] Site logo overlaps content body, isn't very responsive

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Site logo overlaps content body, isn't very responsive

Home Forums Support Site logo overlaps content body, isn't very responsive

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ruzek

Hi there,
    I created a new hero element for a specific page on my site, matching my homepage hero settings, and I am having two issues:

1. the (taller) logo isn’t responsive, as its doesn’t seem to scale appropriately
    2. the logo overlaps the content body, and adjusting the z-index doesn’t seem to make a difference

I’m using Mellow, and it doesn’t look like anything there would be causing the issue.

One last thing – is there a way to hide the site tagline in elements without using CSS? I’m okay with the latter though.

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

so the large Bees Knees logo you could use this CSS to make it responsive:

.site-header .header-image {
        width: 32vw;
    }

This resizes it based on the viewport width – in this case 32% of that width.

To hide the Tag Line will require CSS. Let me know if you need help with that.

ruzek

Thanks David,

I totally neglected to mention that the issue is only on mobile! I adjusted the CSS to the following:

@media (max-width: 600px) {
    .page-id-3821 .site-header .header-image {
        width: 40vw;
    }
    }

I already had a style for max-width on desktop that I had commented out, so this wasn’t far from what I had done there. I forgot about viewport width, thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – VW widths can be very handy. Glad you got it resolved.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.