[Resolved] Site Logo Appears Broken

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Site Logo Appears Broken

Home Forums Support Site Logo Appears Broken

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Aaron

I’ve noticed when I load my website on computers where images haven’t been cached that the main logo is appearing broken even though it is properly uploaded to the site and set as the logo in the GeneratePress site identity settings. Can you provide any suggestions on why this would be happening and how I can fix it? I’ve just gone live with the site and this won’t be a good impression for new users! Thanks.

– Aaron

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Have you fixed this?

I can see the logo no problem:
    http://www.screencast.com/t/L77PNvJXF05x

Let me know πŸ™‚

Aaron

Hi Leo,

Maybe it’s my computer specifically. When I log in on my ThinkPad, regardless of whether I’m using Firefox or Chrome, it displays a broken image or the title of the image. I have a screenshot but do not see an option to attach an image. It’s also not appearing on my wife’s Android Chrome browser (but it does work on my iPhone Safari browser). Any ideas on what might cause that?

– Aaron

Aaron

Just one small update. When I open it up on Internet Explorer (same ThinkPad) it does appear but it’s HUGE. I scaled it down to 350×95 and now it’s looking like a more reasonable size on IE but it’s still coming up broken on other browsers using this computer. Still at a loss on why it seems to work on some browsers and some computers but not others. Could there be a setting in the browsers that cause the site logo not to work?

– Aaron

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

This is what I’m seeing now on chrome:
    http://www.screencast.com/t/xw33vIRGfFtP

Is that what it’s supposed to look like?

Not seeing any reason why it wouldn’t work on some browsers…

Can you quickly run through #1 here to eliminate any plugin conflicts?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Make sure to clear your browser cache when you test as well.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Aaron

Just circling back to this because I’ve realized the problem never went away. Opening the website in Firefox or Firefox Developer Edition, regardless of whether it’s in private mode or not, has the website’s logo (normally appearing in the upper-left corner of the page) as a broken link. Instead of displaying the logo, it displays the text alternative. Opening the website in Internet Explorer works just fine. I’m at a loss – can you please help? Thanks.

– Aaron

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Checked on Firefox is working for me no problem:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/4x3Y3iVJ7

I tested this with a laptop and desktop and the result is the same.

Do you have another device to test?

Aaron

What the heck – this is so weird. It definitely does it on my computer, and this is a completely different computer than the one I was using when I originally had the problem. I also just opened it on my Galaxy S10e using Chrome and the image appears broken there, too. Obviously something is happening. Do you have any ideas on how I can hone in on the problem?

– Aaron

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm can you try to clear your browser cache?

I just checked using my phone and logo works well so I’m assuming it works for other visitors as well.

I’ll get another team member to test as well πŸ™‚

Aaron

I run Firefox in private mode so it shouldn’t be caching content anyways. Regardless, I just cleared the cache and the issue is still occurring. I also tried turning off private mode and it still had the same issue. Chrome on my smartphone is not in incognito mode so that wouldn’t be causing it there, either.

Thanks for the support. Will be nice to figure this out.

– Aaron

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you try removing the logo, save, then reuploading it, then save?

Make sure you do the same for retina as well.

Aaron

That seems to have corrected the issue! The old “reboot” method works again. Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.