[Resolved] Site Library Questions

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Site Library Questions

Home Forums Support Site Library Questions

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cigilovic

Hey guys,

First of all, thanks for the great work with GeneratePress!
    I have been using the free version for quite some time and finally decided to buy the premium.

My website (link in my signature) is dominantly based on text content with some added photos, embedded videos…

I always aim to provide the plainest look and feel with my visitors since I want them to focus on content. However, I have recently started getting bored with some of the limitations, also I would like to try and benefit from premium features.

However, as I have understood it tells me to only use Site Library if I am to create a new website.

This is something I don’t understand or slightly misunderstand?

Can I just have a look at the Site Library options applied to my actual website and test, then decide if I should use one of the templates?

The tutorial sounds like it’s a risky thing to do.

I still like GeneratePress very much tough, I think Premium is worth the money.

Many thanks for the great work,

Kind regards

Osman

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Yes – it is our recommendation to only import templates on a new install.

You can import it to an existing site but it will certainly take some tweaking to make it like the original site.

A good way to do it is to start a staging site to duplicate the existing site over, then import the template you have in mind, tweak it in the staging environment, then duplicated over to the live site once you finished tweaking.

Which site or feature do you have in mind? Sometimes the easier solution is to just recreate it which we can help.

Let me know πŸ™‚

cigilovic

Hey Leo,

Thanks for your reply man! I kinda found a way to test it. I have another website which has been passive and not indexed. So I went there and tested the site library and found all my answers actually.

But it was risk-free operation for me as it’s been closed to internet.

To be honest, I got inspired by some layouts and have come up with my own on my current website.

It’s amazing! This is the first and last time I have ever paid for a theme and is worth every penny!!!

My only question is that the second navigation, I wanted to separate my categories and menus. So I created one content menu at the top and one personal menu about my own links.

But on mobile both says “Menu” stacked together.

Is there a way to modify secondary navigation’s specs, for example possible to change how these stack up and show up as “Menu”?

Thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

glad you hear you’re enjoying the Theme.

You could use the Off Canvas Panel for Mobile:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/off-canvas-panel-overview/

This has its own Menu location – like Primary and Secondary. Then you can create a Single Combined menu for Mobile.

cigilovic

Hey David,

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I’m going to try and let you know if there’s anything for me to ask πŸ™‚

Keep up the excellent job, really appreciate your all hard work!!!

The best theme ever!

Cheers

Osman

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.