[Support request] Site Library download has messed up my site defaults.

Home Forums Support [Support request] Site Library download has messed up my site defaults.

Home Forums Support Site Library download has messed up my site defaults.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sophia

Hi, I downloaded the BhambraBland Zeal site library to realise it wasnt for me. It has npw chamged all of my defaults on the site I am working on and changed the padding/ margins/ containers as well as colours etc. How do I fully get rid of it without having to start what I have already done again?

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Installing a site from the library should only be done on fresh installations, as it sets new GeneratePress options for you, and installs content/plugins (if you do that step).

During the first step, it generates a backup file of your previous GeneratePress options. To get those back, you would find that file (in your downloads folder or wherever you saved it to) and upload it in “Appearance > GeneratePress”.

Then you would need to go through and delete any content/plugins/media imported by the site.

Let me know if you need more info 🙂

Sophia

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I did back up my previous GP settings and nothing changed once I uploaded them? It seems to of changed the containers on all of my pages and changed heading defaults to green and my Elementor made header nav menu has gone green! When I change the setting through elementor and save it, the defaults reset and make it green again. I cannot find the green colour in the customize area to even change the defaults. Any idea why?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there

check in the Customizer > Additional CSS – importing a Site would have added CSS there some of which may be causing the issue.

Sophia

Hi David,

I checked this also and the CSS box is empty. Any other suggestions? I worried im going to have to restart my whole website.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Its difficult to say without being able to see the site, if you can provide access we may be able to tell.

May also be worth checking with your host, as they generally run backups of the site.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.