[Support request] Site is responsive except for header images on each page of site

Home Forums Support [Support request] Site is responsive except for header images on each page of site

Home Forums Support Site is responsive except for header images on each page of site

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kelly Johnson

My site was created using Generate Press, and all of the pages show as responsive except for the header images on each page.
    The header images are not responsive.
    I am requesting assistance for how to make the header images responsive on the site.
    Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Is there a specific part of your header you’re wanting to improve? The actual header image and menu toggle look good.

The header widget isn’t responsive because of these inline styles: https://www.screencast.com/t/JZcHioov3L6

The negative margins are messing it up on mobile. If those margins are needed, they should be applied to desktop-only using CSS inside a media query.

Let me know if you need help doing that ๐Ÿ™‚

Kelly Johnson

Thank you Tom for your reply; I appreciate it!
    Those margins are needed.
    Would you be able to provide the coding I need to use to have it “applied to desktop only using CSS inside a media inquiry?”
    Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So, this is what you have right now:

<div style="margin-left: 00px; margin-right: -70px; margin-top: -50px; margin-bottom: -100px;">

Replace it with this:

<div class="header-optin">

Now, add this CSS:

@media (min-width: 769px) {
        .header-optin {
            margin-left: 0px; 
            margin-right: -70px; 
            margin-top: -50px; 
            margin-bottom: -100px;
        }
    }

That should fix it ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.