[Support request] Site Header is a different Font Weight on Contact Page

Home Forums Support [Support request] Site Header is a different Font Weight on Contact Page

Home Forums Support Site Header is a different Font Weight on Contact Page

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Leo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ian

Dear Support,
    The same two problems have occurred over several days:

1) The site header looks different on the Contact Page compared with the other seven pages. At a guess, I think the Font Weight is what is different.
    2) A few days later, I changed the Primary Navigation text colour on the Page Titles: Only three Page Titles have changed to the desired colour. The other five Page Titles remain the same colour I had previously selected.

I have tried everything I can think of to remedy the problems…and I am definitely using GP Version 2.0.2. and GP Premium 1.5.6.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours faithfully,
    Ian Groves.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Your site is currently under coming soon page.

Can you disable that so we can see the problem?

Thanks!

Ian

Hello Leo,

The problems have been resolved for the time being. If you wish to see an example of the Header problem, I have disabled the ‘coming soon’ page for you. Let me know when you have seen my website and I will switch the Coming Soon mode back on ASAP.

Regarding the problems, I did not know I needed to clear the cache on my WP Super Cache plugin, so I cleared the cache yesterday. (I also noticed my Elementor settings stated that WordPress only had access to 40 Mb of cache. I contacted my web host about this and they assured me my site had access to 512 Mb of cache, but the Elementor settings page did not recognise this. The web host agent typed in some code and then the settings page listed 512 Mb cache).

I then closed and reopened my WP site. I checked the text colour on the Primary Navigation Menu Page Titles – they all appeared the same colour – Great.
    I checked the Website Main Title Header – this was not resolved, but had changed slightly. I noticed SOME of the pages which I had added content to, had the problem of a thinner-looking Font Weight. I wondered if the scroll bar had somehow slightly flattened the length of the Header. I then clicked on ‘Update’ on all the separate Pages I had created in the WP Edit Page section (next to Move To Trash option). I had never been told to use this Update option before. This was successful in making the Header ‘Font Weight’ problem a uniform problem. Now all the pages with a thinner weight-looking font were the pages which had NO content on. I then added content to two of these pages. This solved the problem and although a scroll bar was automatically added to the pages, the website Main Site Header looked normal on these pages – Great.
    If you want to see this, the Slideshow, Wish List and Cart pages have had no content added and still show the thinner weight-looking font. I removed the content from the Places page, which also shows the normal looking font – it’s all a bit bizarre.

I look froward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,
    Ian.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That is a bit weird.

From the code they all show font-weight 400 though.

Can you disable all non-GP plugins to see if the issue is still there?

Ian

Hi Leo,

The font weight is set to 500 in the GP settings, although WhatFont indicates 400 for the Site Header.

I only disabled the Elementor and Elementor Pro plugins. This led to the Site Header having the same font weight – the thinner one on all pages, which I guess is the 400 weight, although GP is set to 500 weight. So at least as far as I am concerned, it’s Elementor which causes the problem.

Any thoughts on the matter, apart from I should let Elementor know it’s probably their plugin causing the problem?

I will let you know what happens when I have restored the Elementor pages.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
    Ian.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can no longer see your site.

I’m pretty positive it’s a plugin conflict so I would definitely go through #1 here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.