site down: dbsatucson.org

Home Forums Support site down: dbsatucson.org

Home Forums Support site down: dbsatucson.org

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    albabes

re: http://dbsatucson.org/

Hi Tom
    I know that’s a weird title. But the site was down last nite and this morn, and the Host (iPower) blamed it on a missing file in GP premium.

Their word:
    “I could see that activation.php file for plugin ‘gp-premium’ is missing.”

So I downloaded the GP plugin folder, then deleted said folder, and the site was live again. Im using “Exhibit” if that matters.

Strangely, I tried to replicate the issue by re-uploading the same folder I downloaded, and the site remained live. Thought you’d like to know.

Site is activated in my online acct, and my buy ID is: #153013. I haven’t edited this site or logged into WP in many weeks. Though I do use http://infinitewp.com/ to do semi-auto updates.

The site down message displayed was generic, below.

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s very strange. It could have been that using IWP that when you updated the plugin, not all of the files were extracted to the server.

It’s always a good idea to test each site when using a multi site updater like that.

I used to have a WordPress maintenance company where I used that plugin. I shut it down because it just wasn’t reliable enough and I didn’t want to break a bunch of websites all the time.

albabes

Thanks for the answer Tom, and thanks for the advice on Iwp plugin.

The only reason I asked you was I assumed that there was an update to Gp premium, but its 2 months old, so its strange that the Iwp plugin would even touch Gp premium?

AL

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There was an update to GP Premium just the other day – 1.2.81.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.