[Resolved] Site demo doesn't load content

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Site demo doesn't load content

Home Forums Support Site demo doesn't load content

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Pamela

On a clean WP install, I can’t get the demo content from Aspire to load. I think the settings from the customizer are working. But I don’t get any demo pages. I’ve tried many times, including using a different browser. The only plugins I have running are GPPremium, Elementor, Elementor Pro, and Limit Login Attempts Reloaded.

What am I missing?

[Background: I’m using GeneralPress Premium with Brizy. When I was setting up my site on the development server, I initially thought I would use Elementor Pro. On that site, Aspire downloaded beautifully. Then I deactivated GP and installed Brizy, and the pages were still there. On the new site, I was unable to recreate the gorgeous look of Aspire without Aspire, so I reinstalled WP from scratch, installed Elementor and GP, and went to get Aspire. This time, it just didn’t work.]

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Are you getting any errors during the import?

If not, what if you right click + Inspect the page and view the “Console” tab before doing the import? Any errors in there?

Pamela

No errors. It proceeds along as it should and proclaims everything successful. There just aren’t any pages except the one About page that came with WP.

In the Console, the only error is “{install: “plugin”, slug: “wp-show-posts-pro”, errorMessage: “Plugin not found.”}” But that shouldn’t be required for just importing pages, and I don’t think I installed it that first time on my other server when things worked.

I checked with FTP and noticed I had a few .htaccess backups in public_html, so I deleted those and moved over an .htaccess file from another site. Does this sound like an .htaccess issue? I have reinstalled WordPress a few times over the last few days. (Just tried again, with the same result. I also tried the beta of GP-Premium; nope.)

Pamela

Manually deleting everything off the server and reinstalling WP, Elementor Pro, and GP Premium from scratch seems to have fixed whatever the problem was. What an ordeal this has been!

Hopefully now that I have this working, it will become more obvious how to build those lovely Aspire pages from scratch so I won’t have to deal with this Elementor step every time I want to use it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Strange – glad it’s working now 🙂

Let us know if you run into any other issues.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.