[Support request] Single Post template styles

Home Forums Support [Support request] Single Post template styles

Home Forums Support Single Post template styles

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cory

I chose an Elementor block to create a single post template. Parts of it are showing up (footer, author block, social shares). But the heading fonts/colors and the body styles seem to be picking up from GeneratePress. Sample page: https://impacttk.com/2019/02/06/support-sample-elementor-block-styles-not-showing/

I tried a different Elementor single post block, and the heading works, but the body style doesn’t work in that one either. I could manually edit them in the Elementor Single Post Template, but I’d rather not go section by section if I can help it.

Any suggestions?

Housekeeping: Disable Default Colors and Disable Default Fonts in Elementor are both checked. I’ve cleared the cache.

I tried Elementor support, but they have been stumped so far.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

If I understand this correctly, you don’t want to use GP’s style at all when using Elementor?

There should be a setting with Elementor to let you disable that, something along the line of inheriting theme settings.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Mason

Hi Leo, I would like to use all the the font styling, coloring, and size from generatepress within my single post template from Elementor. Is this possible?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in Elementor Settings you can disable the global typography and color settings – this will inherit ( some of ) the theme settings. But this will be applied globally. Any direct style edits you make in Elementor will override them of course.

It won’t apply to Button Colors and the Line-height setting for Headings won’t apply either as Elementor overrides them

Mason

Awesome, thank you! Please correct me if I’m wrong, but this would allow me to write natively in WordPress but apply the Elementor layout through the single post template.

Are there any downsides to doing it this way as opposed to writing my posts directly in Elementor?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats correct.
    Writing experience in the default WP / Block editor is much better then that in Elementor. Also limits the urge to add Elementor widgets throughout the posts that may become an issue if you choose to move away from it in the future.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.