[Resolved] single post content width wider than header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] single post content width wider than header

Home Forums Support single post content width wider than header

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    John

Hi there,

hope you’re doing fine. I’m about to switch the Current theme of my site to GP, hence I’m trying to develop the layout on a temporary site. I have three issues that I can’t resolve by myself.

First off, the content on single posts is wider than the header. I know its a content width issue but I need them 10px padding on each side for the frontpage layout.

thanks a ton and in advance for your time and effort
    Jo

edited to add
    same issue on archives

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there

did you find a solution? I am not able to see the issue on my desktop or mobile responsive views – let me know πŸ™‚

John

Hi David,

thank you for chiming in to check out my issue. Happily, I fixed this one along with them self-created share buttons and font-awesome as well as the titles and ellipsis.

I’d like to add icons to the post-types, like a play icon for video type and so on..furthermore it would be awesome to have them posts show up like standard posts on archives, regardless of the post type.

Any idea on how to master this challenge?

thanks in advance for your time & effort
    Jo

John

Here’s the css part for them post type icons

/***** Post Format Icons *****/
    .thumb-icon { display: block; position: relative; width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow: hidden; }
    .format-image .thumb-icon:after, .format-gallery .thumb-icon:after, .format-video .thumb-icon:after, .format-audio .thumb-icon:after { position: absolute; right: 5%; bottom: 5%; font-family: “FontAwesome”; font-size: 15px; line-height: 1; color: #fff; padding: 10px; border: 2px solid #fff; border-radius: 100%; z-index: 999; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.4); }
    .format-image .thumb-icon-small:after, .format-gallery .thumb-icon-small:after, .format-video .thumb-icon-small:after, .format-audio .thumb-icon-small:after { font-size: 10px; padding: 5px; }
    .format-image .thumb-icon:after { content: ‘\f030’; }
    .format-gallery .thumb-icon:after { content: ‘\f03e’; }
    .format-video .thumb-icon:after { content: ‘\f04b’; padding: 10px 12px; }
    .format-audio .thumb-icon:after { content: ‘\f028’; padding: 10px 11px; }
    .format-video .thumb-icon-small:after, .format-audio .mh-thumb-icon-small:after { padding: 5px 6px; }

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Any chance you can create a new topic for the video format question? Question-specific topics make it easier for other users to search the topics later.

Let me know πŸ™‚

John

Hi there,

of course and please excuse my ignorance!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thank you! No worries at all! πŸ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.