[Support request] Sildeout Navigation Is completely Blank. I have tried every thing. How to reset

Home Forums Support [Support request] Sildeout Navigation Is completely Blank. I have tried every thing. How to reset

Home Forums Support Sildeout Navigation Is completely Blank. I have tried every thing. How to reset

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Muhammad

How can I reset the theme, The slideout menu has just a blank page and nothing else. I am completely out of ideas. Please help me out how can I set the theme.
    PLease help me out. I have spent more than 4 hours on it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Have you created a menu for the slideout navigation in “Appearance > Menus”?

If so, make sure you’ve set the “Theme Location” to the “Slideout” option: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-wordpress-menu-builder/#setting-a-theme-location

Let me know 🙂

Muhammad

Hi Tom,
    It is not the problem with the menu items. When opening the website from the browser in which I am logged in I get a perfect menu. Like u can see in the figure on the right.

But if I use a mobile, or incognito window or any other browser. It shows only the black background.
    some things else is wrong.

View post on imgur.com

Muhammad

How can be there such difference, I think I totally messed up the theme.
    Something to do with the cache?
    Can it be solved?
    is there any way to change the theme back to its default?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, you have a javascript error on the page:

Uncaught ReferenceError: FooBox is not defined

It seems a script that FooBox is relying on isn’t loading. Any caching plugins?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The fact that it’s fine when you’re logged in points to a caching plugin (they don’t cache anything for logged in users).

Muhammad

I just installed the cache plugin and when I noticed this error, I deactivated the plugin it was W3 Tool cache

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Things still look cached to me (you can tell by viewing your source).

Try reactivating the plugin, then clearing its cache. Then deactivate it again.

Muhammad

I also change my nameservers to cloudflare, maybe that’s an issue.

Yeah, clearing the cache, it is solved now, But I got into another problem. The menubar is now cut off from the edges. I don’t know which settings I did change now.

Why was that plugin making things worse?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It looks like your navigation is set to contained: Customize > Layout > Primary Navigation

Caching plugins can be a pain sometimes. In this case, it sounds like it changed the order of scripts for that FooBox plugin. It was looking for javascript which didn’t exist yet, which was causing an error.

Muhammad

Can I restore the theme to its default one. ?
    I thinks its more messed up now, I will do the changing from scratch ?

Muhammad

Yeah thanks, I changed it.
    I installed a plugin for database backup but I messed it, I made many changes after this version, but I have lost them.
    What is the best way to store a backup for my website

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

heres a list of backup utils, UpDraft gets a lot of good feedback for its free version:

https://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/7-best-wordpress-backup-plugins-compared-pros-and-cons/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.