[Resolved] Side menu dissapearing on mouse out – Can it be done with GP?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Side menu dissapearing on mouse out – Can it be done with GP?

Home Forums Support Side menu dissapearing on mouse out – Can it be done with GP?

• This topic has 70 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Harris

ΟΚ Tom!
    I was thinking about hover as the parent menu items are links themselves.
    So, the user has to click to the text in order to visit the link, or click to the arrow in order to expand the menu and I thought that this might be a bit confusing.

Btw is there some way we can target via CSS only the third level of the menu? (the child items of the first level sub-navigation items)

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance we can start a new topic? This one is getting pretty long.

Thank you! πŸ™‚

Harris

Sure! Thanks!

Harris

Hello Tom.

Should I proceed updating that site to GPP 1.6 or will it break the menu because of the way it was built (under your help and instructions)?

Thanks
    Harris

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It should mostly be compatible, but some tweaks might be necessary.

Harris

Thanks Tom!
    I will do it within the next days and I might ask for your assistance if needed.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds good πŸ™‚

Harris

Hello Tom

Just gave it a try. Nice new features I see! Great job! I will explore them thoroughly.

About the menu. Most of it seems to operate fine.
    I can now adjust the menu colors etc from the customizer than with css as I did before. I will give that a go (but it still shows fine as it is)

Three small things I have spotted in the menu after a first look

1. How can i change the X (close) icon with an image (as I did in the previous version)?
    2. A horizontal scrollbar is showing at the bottom of the menu. How can I omit that?
    3. A kind of a lightbox appears when I open the menu. Is there some way to omit that if needed?

And one thing not having to do with the updates. What selector do I have to target in order to adjust the distance between the text menu choice and the arrow stating that there are parent menu items available? (and the close arrow too).

Thanks
    Harris

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. Try this:

.slide-opened .slideout-exit:before {
        content: url(URL TO YOUR IMAGE);
    }

.slideout-navigation {
        overflow-x: hidden;
    }

.slideout-overlay {
        background-color: transparent;
    }
    Harris

100% success!
    Thanks!

X is not acctually needed as menu auto closes on mouseout so you don’t have time to click it now that its outside the menu πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help! πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.