[Support request] Showing Fatal Error

Home Forums Support [Support request] Showing Fatal Error

Home Forums Support Showing Fatal Error

• This topic has 11 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ravi Dixit

I have just installed the GP premium theme on my WordPress website but when I try to customize the theme, I see “Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2429177 bytes) in /home/staymeon/public_html/wp-includes/nav-menu.php on line 784” error. Can you please guide me to solve this…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Ravi Dixit

I have added the code which mentioned on the page you give the link of, after doing so. This error started showing
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function nocache_headers() in /home/staymeon/public_html/wp-admin/admin.php on line 33
    I have installed GP on my subdomain of this website and it installed and activated very easily without any error, so why it is showing in the domain.
    I have also asked the host to increase the memory size they said they have some limitation for the shared hosting users.
    I have also deactivated all plugin then activate them one by one to find is any of them creating problem.
    Please help me to solve asap

Ravi Dixit

also showing this Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2890176 bytes) in /home/staymeon/public_html/wp-includes/nav-menu.php on line 784

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

nocache_headers() is a core WordPress function: https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/nocache_headers

If it doesn’t exist, it likely means your WordPress install is incomplete. I would re-upload all of the WordPress files to your server again.

Not sure what’s taking up so much memory on your install. It could be a plugin, or it could be the fact your WP install is incomplete.

Ravi Dixit

Showing the last error again
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2861210 bytes) in /home/staymeon/public_html/wp-includes/nav-menu.php on line 784 what should i do?

Ravi Dixit

Please help me solve this issue because I did many things to slove it any one them didn’t work.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m afraid it’s really hard to fix from that error alone. It’s simply saying you’re running out of memory.

You need to find which plugin is causing it. If you don’t have access to your Dashboard at all, you can re-name the plugin folders in wp-content/plugins one by one. That will deactivate them, and you’ll be able to find the problem plugin.

Otherwise, you’ll need to consult with your host to find the issue. Your error_log file might have more details on the specific error.

Ravi Dixit

Yes, This is because of the plugin, I already did the same you mentioned above. I have deactivated the plugin and activated them one by one and found there were more than 6-7 plugins which are creating the problem. If I deactivate them then GP is working fine, but all are the important plugins. I want to know that shared hosting allows increasing the PHP memory limit? Becuase My host is not allowing…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Who’s your host? Siteground is a popular choice.

Your error_log file might have more details on the actual error and which plugin is causing it.

Ravi Dixit

BackWPup
    Easy Affiliate Links
    Easy Digital Downloads
    Feature a Page Widget
    Glue for Yoast SEO & AMP
    PB SEO Friendly Images
    W3 Total Cache
    WordPress Popular Posts
    Worth The Read
    WP Broken Link Status Checker
    WP-Sweep
    Yoast SEO

These are the plugins, I am using Microhost.in.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Might be worth trying on a host like Siteground. If it doesn’t work, they should be more willing to help you figure out what’s going on.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.