[Support request] show widget menu in as navigation menu

Home Forums Support [Support request] show widget menu in as navigation menu

Home Forums Support show widget menu in as navigation menu

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Satish

hi,

I have a website (link given in the url section) in which
    the secondary menu shows categories of my products. I had to create each item separately.

I use ecwid e-commerce plugin and this plugin has a widget named “root categories” which shows all the root categories list. I want to use this widget in the secondary navigation and instead of creating each item manually, I would like the navigation to pick up my categories from this widget (as I will play with css in ecwid and show the category names dynamically).

i tried using the widget in the top bar and it displays all the categories vertically. There is no place for any widget in the secondary navigation so I use another plugin “widgets in menu for wordpress” to use my widget in the navigation bar. But the list is not displaying here, neither vertically nor horizontally.

ecwid also gives me an option to add menu “store with categories menu” but this just gives me a “Store” menu item with dropdown which displays my categories in vertical order. But I want to display my categories in horizontal menu format which gets picked up from ecwid itself.

Satish

administrator username and password are as follows:

/* Hidden */

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

have you asked Ecwid support for their advice ?

Satish

not yet. but I thought this is more related to theme css.
    do you think I should go to ecwid?

Satish
    <div id="my-categories-13502005"></div>
    <div>
    <script data-cfasync="false" type="text/javascript" src="https://app.ecwid.com/script.js?13502005&data_platform=code" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript"> xCategoriesV2("id=my-categories-13502005"); </script>
    </div>

this is the code i received from ecwid. I tried using it to create the widget but still same result. can we use it somehow to create horizontal menu in the navigation menu?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can take a look – if you can point me to a page where i can see the list.
    But i would start talking with Ecwid as its there code – and they may have a simple solution.

Satish

Ok. I used the code at the products page here “https://staging11.new.acmestones.com/products/&#8221;
    It is showing a menu above my content and under the secondary navigation.

I think I will use it. But I would like this ecwid menu to look like secondary navigation. Also, the current item should get highlighted as it does in secondary menu. Is it possible to assign the secondary navigation classes to this menu to make it look like the secondary nav?

I would also like this menu to stick on top of the page as the secondary navigation is doing now.

I did talk to ecwid but they could only give me this code.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Wow you would think they would provide some options.
    Heres some basic styling i managed to pull together:

/* Menu Container Sticky */

html#ecwid_html body#ecwid_body .horizontal-menu-container {
        position: sticky;
        position: -webkit-sticky;
        top: 50px;
    }

/* Parent Menu styling */

html#ecwid_html body#ecwid_body .horizontal-menu-container.horizontal-desktop nav.horizontal-menu {

padding: 0;
        border-radius: 0;
        border-top: 0;
        border-left: 0;
        border-right: 0;
    }

/* Menu Item styling */

html#ecwid_html body#ecwid_body .horizontal-menu-container.horizontal-desktop .horizontal-menu-item>a {
        border-radius: 0;
        color: #000;
    }

/* Menu Item hover styling */

html#ecwid_html body#ecwid_body .horizontal-menu-container.horizontal-desktop .horizontal-menu-item.horizontal-menu-item--hover>a {
        background-color: #636363;
    }

/* Sub Menu styling */

html#ecwid_html body#ecwid_body .horizontal-menu-container.horizontal-desktop .horizontal-menu-subParent {
        padding: 0;
    }
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.