[Support request] Show posts in sidebar based on category of current post

Home Forums Support [Support request] Show posts in sidebar based on category of current post

Home Forums Support Show posts in sidebar based on category of current post

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kunal

This I’m hoping is an easier question.

Let’s say I’m reading a post from a particular category, CatA.

In the sidebar, how do I show other posts (Ie, using WP Show Posts plugin), to show only other posts also from CatA?

However, if I review a post from another category, CatB, then I only want to show posts from CatB in the sidebar.

Thus, I cannot use a global WP Show Posts script in the sidebar under widgets, but it has to be customized to take the current category of the post that is being viewed, then calling the WP Show Posts script.

Ideally, I would like to use a WP Show Posts script, because it’s easy to set up and I like the output of the script (ie the thumbnail photo, the excerpt length, the columns)

Thanks!
    Kunal

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Kunal,

You can probably try a combination of WP Show Posts and Content Aware Sidebars plugins to achieve this without a custom solution.

I’m not sure if you can create a solution like this using WPSP but it’s worth opening a topic in its forum as it’s a separate plugin. I personally think it’s a really cool idea ๐Ÿ™‚

Please do keep in mind that this is still a forum for GP related issues.

https://stackoverflow.com is awesome if you haven’t found it yet ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for your understanding!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.