[Support request] Show Playing Video Thumbnails

Home Forums Support [Support request] Show Playing Video Thumbnails

Home Forums Support Show Playing Video Thumbnails

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Francis

Hi,

I need assistance if there is a way to make generatepress and wp showpost to work together and display video post and make a preview play when hovered?

As I have plans to showcase real estate videos on my site.
    Apartments for Rent X

I’ve seen that there are other themes that can do this but I would not want to stay away from GP theme. I was hoping you could give me some ways on how to achieve this using GP theme and WP show post? Or if there are alternative methods. Thanks in advance.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I wonder if this plugin would help?: https://wordpress.org/plugins/videographywp/

Let me know 🙂

Francis

Hi Tom,

I need it for self-hosted video as well not just Youtube. And it is for video gallery display and not just on a single post. What I want to do is something like this for example this page list videos and when mouse is hovered, a preview clip is played: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sample I am not referring to search results, this page is just an illustration of what I’m looking for. Since other video themes has this feature, I wonder if I can add a code on GP theme somewhere? Any suggestions please?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s possible to replace the featured image on archives with a video, but you’d need to use custom fields. Maybe a plugin like Advanced Custom Fields?

Then we can filter the featured image to check for the custom field and add the video if it exists.

Let me know if that’s something you want to do and I’ll write up the filter.

I’m not sure about previewing the video on hover, though. I assume that would require some javascript.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.