[Resolved] Show Avatar On Single Post Entry Meta Next Author Name

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Show Avatar On Single Post Entry Meta Next Author Name

Home Forums Support Show Avatar On Single Post Entry Meta Next Author Name

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Moses

I know this question has been answered before, in several different iterations. Most of the posts I found were from a couple years ago … and did not yield the desired result. As the title states – would like to add the Author Avatar on Single Posts right next to the author name. Right after the date or the author name. I’m just not sure how to add the correct bit of code needed. I’m sure there is an existing post I could reference, but after trying several search strings and wading through pages of irrelevant (to my case) posts, I find myself here. Thank you in advance!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the best method is you use the Block Element to create the Post Meta – see here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/block-element-post-meta-template/

Moses

Thank you David. I dove unto the tutorial for using Generate Blocks to edit the Post Meta. I got it set up for the most part, but there seems to be a styling issue on mobile when text becomes too large. It splices the container into grids instead of one continuous line. Screenshots attached. I cannot quite seem to figure how to allow the text and image to continue flowing horizontally. Would this mean creating another container in a vertical position? I’m sure there is a much more logical and simple fix that I’m missing. Really can’t wait until I’m loving Generate Blocks – and have avoided using it only because of my own technical limitations. I’ve attached screenshots. Thanks again for your help. You’ll see when I kick the font size up to 14px it splits up the containers there.

All the best!

null

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Moses,

Is this still applied to the site? Can you link us to the page you’ve applied this to?

Thanks again for your help. You’ll see when I kick the font size up to 14px it splits up the containers there.

This happens because likely because the browser wraps the element to the next line if the total width of the row exceeds 100%.

Font size of 14px or larger possibly increased the width of the parent element, making the parent element go beyond the 100% of the flexbox container, forcing the flex-wrap.

Consider reducing some parts(paddings,margins,fontsizes,etc) to keep the elements from wrapping to the next line.

Moses

Thank you

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.