[Resolved] Show a footer widget in english/spanish on pages of WooCommerce

Home Forums Support Show a footer widget in english/spanish on pages of WooCommerce

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Sergio Serrano

Hi!

I tried to show a footer widget on WooCommerce pages and even I’ve show it in spanish version (using a footer widget -general- in the theme) I can’t be able to show the same widget but in english version…

How can I do it? It’s possible?

I’m using the lastest version of GP, also Elementor Pro (1.5.5) and WooCommerce (3.1.0) for in case you need it.

Thanks!!

GeneratePress 1.3.48
    Sergio Serrano

Also I need help with the image size of product in cart page.

The configuration in settings of WooCommerce are ok (200x200px) but it shows like a image with 34x34px and I don’t know why…

The settings of my website haven’t change in few days but the bug is appear since yesterday.

Any idea about it?

Regards!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. I’m not too sure what you mean. Are you trying to show a different widget based on the language used?

2. Can you link me to the page where the images are sized wrong?

Sergio Serrano

Hello!

Sorry for explaining me so bad

1. I mean … I used a footer widget in the Spanish version and my client wants to show it in the English version as well. So, I used Elementor to edit the pages and add the widget version directly, but … In the WooCommerce Pages – Product Page and Cart Page – I haven’t been able to add it, even with a Shortcode on GP.

2. Yes! The website is: https://mariakentstudio.com/en/cart/

Thank you Tom!

Regards

Sergio Serrano

Sorry Tom,

In relation to add the English version of footer widget, my mistake are the confussion with the pages. Only in the Product page is where I haven’t been able to add it..

Excuse me!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. So you’re not just adding a regular widget to one of the GP footer widget areas? I know that Elementor doesn’t edit WC pages, so you might have to use the standard widgets.

2. Those are the cart images, which WC makes small by default.

You can set them to their original width with some CSS:

#add_payment_method table.cart img, 
    .woocommerce-cart table.cart img, 
    .woocommerce-checkout table.cart img {
        width: auto;
    }
    Sergio Serrano

Thank you Tom!!

The CSS that you gave me is working!

Regarding the Widget… Yep, I edit the pages -which would be with WooCommerce, a little cheating on- with GP and Elementor…

So… Haven’t any way to do that without using a standard widget? Have to remember that this website is in two languages and the spanish version is the principal, and the footer area is using the spanish version.

Thank you again!

Sergio Serrano

Hi again, Tom!

Sorry to re-write but… in mobile devices the CSS doesn’t work.

Do yo know what might be?

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm I’m not really sure of a way do that. I’m not familiar enough with multi-language sites and Elementor/widgets.

That CSS will make the images as large as their container allows – it’s likely on mobile that the container is much smaller.

Sergio Serrano

Do you think that is by to use a multi-language site? That being the case… is the first time on my life that’s happens pfff

I checked the size of container in my website but it’s normal, like others sites with we are works (with the same characteristics).
    Don’t you know any way to repair it? I don’t know… With some special CSS for mobile, for example? I haven’t got idea…

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You could try this to display the thumbnail on mobile:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        .woocommerce #content table.cart .product-thumbnail, 
        .woocommerce table.cart .product-thumbnail, 
        .woocommerce-page #content table.cart .product-thumbnail, 
        .woocommerce-page table.cart .product-thumbnail {
            display: block;
            text-align: center !important;
        }
    }
    Sergio Serrano

Great Tom!

It has worked : ) thank you very much!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.