Shortcode not rendered in posts list

Home Forums Support Shortcode not rendered in posts list

Home Forums Support Shortcode not rendered in posts list

• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Luca

Hello,
    I added a shortcode from Reviewer Plugin in a post, the shortcode basically creates an image with the reviewer rating showed as number of stars.
    The shortcode works properly when opening the post and from different posts however the rating is not loaded when not in the post, so for example clicking the category/tag, there is no image generated from the shortcode in the list of posts of that category/tag. I can provide screenshots to better explain.

Shortcode example
    [rwp-reviewer-rating-stars id=”0″ post=”…”] replace … with the post ID

The support of Reviewer plugin checked as well and advised to contact you.

Thank you in advance.

Luca

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

In “Customize > Blog > Blog Content” is your content set to display full posts or excerpts?

If it’s set to excerpt, it won’t display any HTML, including shortcodes.

There is some code we can add to show full posts only in one category if you’re interested.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Luca

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your reply.
    The setting is only excerpt, but I see that even if I change to full post the shortcode doesn’t work

it would be very useful to have the image rating showed at the start of the excerpt, any workaround?
    No thanks I am not interested in having the full posts only in one or some category, excerpt is better ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Does the shortcode work inside the regular post? I’m not sure why it wouldn’t work in your blog posts on the blog.

The blog uses the same function to display content as regular pages and single posts: the_content()

Luca

Hi Tom,

Yes the shortcode works inside the post.
    I can use it in a post or recall the rating of a review even from another post, no issues with that.

When the is a list of posts like when listing by category or tag rating is not showed.

Luca

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you link me to the plugin so I can do some tests with it?

Luca

Hi Tom,
    here the link http://codecanyon.net/item/reviewer-wordpress-plugin/5532349
    I bought the plugin I am not sure there is a demo version

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, perhaps you can ask the developer what the theme should be doing to display their shortcode?

The content is being served through the_content() function like every other post and page, so I’m not sure what else a theme can do to ensure shortcodes are working correctly.

Luca

Hi Tom,

The dev of the plugin couldn’t find any issue, he suggested to try another shortcode from other plugins to isolate the issue and I did.
    I created a couple of posts and inserted as a content only the shortcodes from two plugins
    Plugin “Auto Terms of Service and Privacy Policy”, shortcode [my_privacy_policy]
    Plugin “WP Sitemap Page” shortcode [wp_sitemap_page only=”post”]

both shortcodes only insert some html code and both plugins are not processed in the excerpt
    Can this help in any way?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Shortcodes won’t be processed in excerpts, but if your blog content setting is set to “Show full post”, they should work perfectly.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.