[Support request] Shortcode not functioning

Home Forums Support [Support request] Shortcode not functioning

Home Forums Support Shortcode not functioning

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Carl

Hey team – completely understand this is potentially an issue with a third party plugin, but I do have it functioning with other themes – it has never worked with GeneratePress though.

I am trying to use a Gamipress shortcode to display earned badges. The shortcode provides an option to display them across three columns. However, GeneratePRess only ever displays them in a sing column, which from a visual perspective is horrid!

The shortcode I am using is: [gamipress_achievements limit=”100″ columns=”3″ type=”badges”].

Anything I could troubleshoot here?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

is it possible that i can see a page with the shortcode displaying its output?

Carl

Sure David. Any way to make replies private as it requires logged in access to pull in user data?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can send the URL / Login via the Account Issue form:

https://generatepress.com/contact/

Please add the URL to this topic in the form.

Carl

Thanks – Sent.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Got it. So do you have an example of how they should be displayed? Currently the badges container have no CSS for aligning them so they are just stacked blocks.

Carl
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks, odd part is this style sheet is loading but it has no content:

https://site-url-anonymous/wp-content/plugins/gamipress/assets/css/gamipress-blocks-style.css?ver=1.6.4.1

Do you have any cache plugins / server caches? If so can you flush them.

Carl

I use Breeze via Cloudways.

Just cleared all caches through their plugin.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmmm and you say if you switch to TwentySeventeen it displays correctly? Are you able to check that and see if that Style sheet has content?

Carl

No, not on this install.

I just checked the style sheet and it is completely blank. I will follow up with Gamipress support.

:/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You could download the plugin check the style sheet does have content and then replace the one on your install. Alternatively deleting and re-installing the plugin should work. But worth checking how the data is stored ( it should be in the database ) with the author so you don’t lose anything.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.