[Resolved] Shop Page Showing Few Products above Category

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Shop Page Showing Few Products above Category

Home Forums Support Shop Page Showing Few Products above Category

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    John

Hello

https://goodhealthboutique.co.uk/shop/

My client /shop page is showing about 5 products above the expected category listing. Tried toggling settings in customize.
    Any ideas on what might be causing this? And how to fix?

Thank you

John

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the list of products is inside the pages Description area which is definitely not normal behaviour or something the Theme would do.

Is this recent? Any new plugins or functions added to the site?

John

Hi David

Thank you. That’s worrying?

I believe we had a beaver builder product slider on the Shop page? The client did not want products or categories. And then suddenly the Shop page reverted to default categories thumbs. With product count showing. I wasn’t sure why. Can you tell me how I can remove these from the pages Description area?

We have also had some issues with SSL cert mis match. But sucurri scan showed no problems, and SSL cert all OK. Hope not linked.

Thanks John

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

There is a Beaver Builder class in the html that is being output in the Description.
    How was the slider added to the Shop Page? It looks like a left over from that.

John

Hi David

Thanks, I think you are right. I believe the beaver builder (or UABB) product slider was possibly added via Page Headers. As not able to edit Shop page in Beaver Builder direct.

We no longer need it as the client is happy to go with product listing as it is now.

Any thoughts on best way to fix this? Removing the products.

Thank you.

John

John

Ps The Page Header is not there now. Not in Legacy Page Headers. I think it would have been deleted. Not looking to re instate.

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmmm…. could you try creating a Page Header and assigning it to the shop. If that replaces the broken slider then we know that header is the issue.

John

Hello David

I tried adding a Page Header – using GP Elements. It worked and put the text above the problem products. But unfortunately did not replace them.

So not sure what to do? I am not great with code.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks again John

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Actually should have looked closer – its in the Entry Header Description so is being called elsewehere. Was Beaver Themer used to add the Carousel?

John

Hi David

Re Entry Header

Thanks, I have used Ultimate Add On For Beaver Builder to Create Woocommerce Product Carousels on the site. But I can’t remember how I managed to add one to the shop page. As Beaver Builder is not available for that page.

Is it a difficult job to identify the problem code. And remove.

Thank you.

John

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi John,

Do you have any custom functions added to the site?

If not, can you try deactivating your plugins one by one to see if we can narrow it down to a specific plugin?

Let me know 🙂

John

Hi Tom

Thanks, I’ve tried disabling plugins. No luck. Only custom code was re breadcrumbs. In November 18.
    But I remember my client didn’t like shop page style. I was not able to edit it in BB. So I think at some point I created another page called shop and added a UABB Woo Product carousel. And then added a link to that to the main menu. (Not clever) I’m wondering if recent major update in Woo-commerce might have replaced ‘Shop’ page. Basically about a month ago the default Shop page ( category thumbs) re-appeared. And then the unformatted Woo Product Slider.

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you

John

John

ps. it is definitely UABB Woo Product Carousel. When I deactivated UABB plugin. Their slider on home page disappeared and then when re activated it the same unformatted products style appeared. Until I purged cache. Then all good on home page. thanks John

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you tried deleting the current Shop Page. Then create a new page and re-assign that in the Woocommerce settings?

John

Hi David

Brilliant, Thank you! Thant worked. I now have a /shop page showing products. As set in customize options.

Perfect.

Thanks again.

John

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.