[Resolved] SHOP PAGE – Elementor error "you must call the_content function in the current..

Home Forums Support [Resolved] SHOP PAGE – Elementor error "you must call the_content function in the current..

Home Forums Support SHOP PAGE – Elementor error "you must call the_content function in the current..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrei

Hello,

Please I need your help! I try to customize my shop page using Elementor Pro and GeneratePress. First I create a new Shop Page and I Customize this page using Elementor Widgets. I publish this page and added to my Menu. All good. Then I go to Woocommerce-Settings-Products-and I put this shop page in the first field. Then I go to Permalinks and I save this with “Post-name ” check. then I clean my cache browser and WP Rocket Cache. I check then the page and all my design and work is not in place…there is a total mess :). uhhh… Then I try to edit this shop page and I got this message – “you must call the_content function in the current template. in order for Elementor to work on this page”
    I try then activate the Twenty Seventeen theme and the problem is still there. I try to deactivate allo plugins except Elementor, clear cache and still dont work.

Guys I need your help because I dont know how to make this page to work.

P.S. : When I create my shop page I follow this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9C-TO0BsVY.

Thanks

Dragos

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

when you assign the Shop page in Woocommerce settings it replaces that permalink with an Index page hence why it is replacing your Elemntor page and breaking its ability to be edited.

Just set up your Shop page again but DONT assign that page in Woocommerce.

The only thing you will need to deal with is that on an empty cart page there is a Return to Shop page that won’t redirect to your page. You can fix this with a PHP snippet:

function wc_empty_cart_redirect_url() {
    	return 'http://yourdomain.com/your-page/';
    }
    add_filter( 'woocommerce_return_to_shop_redirect', 'wc_empty_cart_redirect_url' );

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-php/

Andrei

Hey David,

Many many thanks for your reply.
    Your solution has solved my problem :). Thanks

I owe a beer

Regards

Dragos

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad i could be of help 🙂

Kebun Kota

Hi David, I have a similar problem too. What do you mean by “Just set up your Shop page again…” Does it mean I have to redo my entire shop page?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

If you created a Shop Page using Elementor and then assigned that as the Shop in Woo Settings then yes, you will need to create a new shop page. Just make sure not to assign it as the shop in woo.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.