[Resolved] Settings lost on sub-blocks when Container saved as re-usable

Home Forums Support Settings lost on sub-blocks when Container saved as re-usable

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Kieran

Hi all,

This is related to GenerateBlocks 1.0-rc1 and may be a bug, or perhaps I am doing something wrong 🙂

I have created a more complex layout of containers, grids and buttons, that I would like to re-use on a number of pages. However, when I convert the wrapping container block to a re-usable block, some of the settings of the sub blocks are lost, notably grid spacing and vertical alignment on each column container.

I’ve tried this in Firefox and Chrome, and I’ve even recreated the issue with a simple layout of a two column grid with a paragraph tag in each. All GP plugins/theme and WP are up to date. No other plugins active.

Thank you for your help solving this.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Are you selecting the overall container of the section to add as a re-usable block? I’ve seen some Gutenberg bugs when selecting child elements of a parent block to be re-usable.

Let me know 🙂

Kieran

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am trying to make the entire section a re-usable block by converting the outermost container to be re-usable.

The structure is:

Document
      |- Container (this is the block I am trying to convert to re-usable)
        |- Grid
          |- Container
            |-Buttons > Button
          |- Container
            |-Buttons > Button
          |- Container
            |-Buttons > Button
          |- Container
            |-Buttons > Button

In the Block Editor, the re-usable block looks exactly the same as the source block above it (I duplicated the original layout to convert it to be re-usable). But on the frontend the display is different once published.

I hope these details help and I understand Gutenberg has plenty of its own bugs still.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you link me to a page with one of the broken blocks?

What happens if you change the CSS Print Method to “Inline Embedding” in “Settings > GenerateBlocks”?

Kieran

Changing the CSS Print Method to Inline did not help. I tried to duplicate the same container and convert to re-usable block and I got the same result.

Yes, the page is here:
    [removed]

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, looks like it could be a bug with the grid wrapper maybe. I’ll look into it 🙂

Thanks!

Kieran

Sorry Tom! Love the plugin and can’t wait for 1.0. If you need login credentials or more info to recreate this please let me know.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No need to be sorry! I really appreciate you finding this.

I have it fixed in the next version 🙂

Thank you!

Kieran

You da man! Glad I wasn’t losing my mind. Thanks for all your great work over the years.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Just uploaded rc.2: https://generateblocks.com/install/

You may need to go into the blocks that lost their spacing and set the “Grid Item” toggle in the Layout tab of each container.

From now on, the issue shouldn’t happen again.

Thanks again!

Kieran

That was fast. I can confirm the fix works as expected. Awesome support as usual!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.