[Resolved] Setting for "show related pages"

Home Forums Support Setting for "show related pages"

• This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by David.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hi,
    I was wondering if there is a theme specific way to show related pages? But not on all pages, just a few selected ones. So we have for instance a few articles on our website, and they draw people in. I would like to make it easy for them to, at the end of the article, click on a link to another interesting article.

Is there a way to achieve that in GP itself? Or would I need a plugin, or perhaps a coded solution?

Thanks πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

are these Pages or Posts?
    And how would they be selected – manually or related eg. same Category.

Michael

Hi David,
    Long time no talk πŸ™‚

It would be for Pages. And ideally I would be able to select manually which pages to relate to.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Michael πŸ™‚ Been a while.

First thought would be the WP Show Posts plugin.
    It allows you to show a list / grid of pages ( as well as posts ). You would need to create your lists first and then add the shortcode it creates to the page itself or use the Hook Element.

Michael

Thank you – I’ll look into that πŸ™‚

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Michael

Hi David,
    I was wondering if you perhaps have a suggestion for me? I have created a list, and it is displayed on this particular page: https://www.blojfri.se/pottraning-initiativ/ please scroll down to the bottom – to “Andra har ocksΓ₯ lΓ€st”

I’m ok with the settings, and I think everything looks reasonably ok, apart from the distance between the headings and the excerpts.

Despite using the “inspect” function in Chrome, and looking through the settings in GeneratePress – I’m unable to adjust it.

Perhaps there is a magical css fix?

Also, I just realised. The list, which in the page example includes all pages in a specific category, does also show the page it is currently on. Do you think that is a problem? Or better to somehow create a function to solve this?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try this CSS – it will reduce the space on ALL WPSP lists:

.wp-show-posts-entry-header {
        margin-bottom: 0.5em;
    }

If you only want to effect that particular list then this:

#wpsp-3708 .wp-show-posts-entry-header {
        margin-bottom: 0.5em;
    }
    Michael

Hi!
    That did it!

I assume there is no way to exclude the current page from the list? By that I mean:
    A list consists of
    Page 1, Page 2, Page 3.

I insert that list at the bottom of Page 1, Page 2, and Page 3.

Preferably, when I visit Page 1, the list at the bottom should not contain Page 1. Or if I visit Page 2, the list of the bottom should contain Page 1 and Page 3.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

In the WPSP List > More Settings try checking Exclude current

Michael

*facepalm*…
    Apologies – I missed that setting πŸ™‚

Thank you!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.