[Resolved] setting default width of boxed content full width pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] setting default width of boxed content full width pages

Home Forums Support setting default width of boxed content full width pages

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Michele

I’m using Generate Press with the Elementor page builder, and I have a question about boxed content on a full width page.

I created a page (on a local test site) with a couple sections that have either full width content or a full width background. The rest are all boxed.

In order to display the page properly, I am using Generate Press Page Builder Container: Full Width

I have also set the following:

– Generate Press > Customizer > Layout > Container > Container Width: 1000px
    – Elementor Settings > Style > Content Width: 1000px

My goal is to the allow the full width content as needed, but when an Elementor section is set to Content Width: Boxed, it can be no wider than 1000px.

Instead, the boxed areas are now 1120px wide. How can I adjust that default width to make it 1000px? I don’t want to adjust every section by hand.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I can confirm that the full width setting is what you want in GP under the page builder container setting.

The rest would be handled by Elementor. Have you checked with their support to see how to deal with it the best?

Let me know πŸ™‚

Michele

Hi Leo,

I’m waiting for a reply from Elementor, but can you explain more about:

– Generate Press > Customizer > Layout > Container > Container Width: 1000px
    – Elementor Settings > Style > Content Width: 1000px

It seems important for those to match, but what exactly do they control? If I’m using Generate Press Page Builder Container: Full Width does it ignore those settings?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So when you are using full width page builder container setting, the content container would be full width, but for things like header, footer, navigation etc will stay at GP’s container width of 1000px.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Michele

Yes that is really helpful — so it’s only the content container that ignores the 1000px set in Generate Press > Customizer > Layout > Container > Container Width. What about page title? I thought that was controlled by Generate Press just like header, footer, navigation etc? Mine ends up flush left unless I add custom CSS.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Page title is within the content container so it would be full width if you are using that setting.

Might be easier to insert page title using Elementor if you are using it for the content part.

Michele

Thanks Leo — I have a much better sense of what is being controlled by Generate Press versus Elementor now.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

By the way David also summarized some tips here that might be helpful:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/guidelines-to-use-elementor-with-generatepress/#post-870937

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.