[Resolved] Serving Whole Page Using Elements

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Serving Whole Page Using Elements

Home Forums Support Serving Whole Page Using Elements

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Sumit

Hi so recently I had a chat with my developer and I told him that I no longer wish to use to use content builder and you have to create pages some other way. Biggest reason behind doing it was page speed. In my experience all content builder kill your website speed.

Long story short, what he did was created a custom footer and header using options given in generate press, and then he created whole body of the page using html code and put those html codes after header using elements in generate press.

It was me who kind of hinted that approach and dude ran with it. Website speed seems to be doing ok, without any further optimizations done yet. Everything seems ok, but I am skeptical about approach used.

I wanted to get your opinion about it, is this the right way to do it?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

well that is one way of doing it – it works, which is a good thing, not sure its the approach i would take.

Considering you can set the GP PageBuilder content to Full Width there should be nothing stopping you from adding HTML within the content of a Page. At least this way you have easier access to the content.

Sumit

Thanks Dave, I share your point of view. By “GP PageBuilder” are you referring to “Sections”?

As you can see, I surely have not fully explored the potential of generate press yet. I just love every time I discover new feature of generate press πŸ™‚

Sumit

If yes, my further question on this would be. When I am using sections feature of generate press is the content being stored in generate press plugin at all?

For example when I am using thrive architect, the whole content serves through their plugin making the whole site slow. I don’t want this to happen when I am using sections.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

David is referring to the page builder container option:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/page-builder-container/

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Sumit

that’s ok. But in the end the code will be added in the sections though. No?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Doesn’t have to be added via sections. You can use the Text editor or Gutenberg HTML Block to add the code. The Pagebuilder container > Full width option simply sets the page full width and removes container padding.

Sumit

Thanks Dave, but if I am using sections is that going to be ok too. Or using sections can slow shit down?

The reason I want to use sections is so I can come back and edit code of each section.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sections would be great to use, and nope won’t slow things down, the markup and CSS is really light.

Sumit

Thanks, I will update how it goes.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Sumit

check it out. https://prnt.sc/p93qml

using only generatepress sections and html.

WpRocket can SAD πŸ˜€

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – thanks for sharing

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.