[Resolved] SEO Help – Social Meta

Home Forums Support [Resolved] SEO Help – Social Meta

Home Forums Support SEO Help – Social Meta

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Tanner

Hi,

I’m relatively new to WordPress and am looking for some help regarding social meta sharing with SEO plugins.

I have tried both All In One SEO and SEO Framework and I can’t seem to configure my social meta settings so that if a post is shared on Facebook or Twitter it will include a corresponding image and part of the post text. All you see is the post title.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but if anyone has any suggestions or any resources that they could point me towards it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Tanner

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I think YoastSEO has options for this but not familiar with the other two (they should though).

Might be best to check with the plugin(s) support to make sure you’ve configured everything correctly.

Tanner

Thanks Leo.

I read through this All In One SEO article: https://semperplugins.com/documentation/social-meta-module/

I could get the Facebook image and article text to work, but not the Twitter card.

I’m wondering if I should give Yoast a try? I’ve stayed away from it only because I’ve heard it’s a big plugin. Is setting up social meta relatively straightforward though?

Thanks for all your help.

Tanner

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah that’s what I’ve heard about Yoast as well.
    But I do believe they have good support that can help you set everything up.

Have you checked with All In One SEO support?

I don’t think there is anything in GP that’s causing it.

Tanner

It looks like support is only for Premium Users for both All In One SEO and Yoast.

After looking at it again, I noticed that the Facebook meta was only working for one of my posts, but not the others. I’m wondering if there are problems with the actual posts themselves? I think tomorrow I’ll try recreating the posts and see if the social meta for Facebook and Twitter will take.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

All free plugins have a free support forum:
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/all-in-one-seo-pack
    https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/

Looks like the developer of All in One do answer questions.

I doubt it’s a problem with the post itself.

Tanner

Thanks Leo,

I just posted in the All In One SEO forum. Hopefully I get a response.

I messed around a lot today; took down all my posts, put them back up, tried Yoast, configured it, no luck, back to All In One SEO, configured it, still no luck.

I’m wondering if it has something to do with the Facebook App ID? I’m not sure.

All In One SEO has a Facebook debugger. It gives me this message:

caution-solidWarnings That Should Be Fixed
    Inferred Property
    The ‘og:image’ property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
    Missing Properties
    The following required properties are missing: og:url, og:type, og:title, og:image, og:description, fb:app_id

But I don’t really know how to address that. Anyways, thanks for your help and hopefully I can figure it out through the other forum.

Tanner

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.