- This topic has 18 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 4 months ago by Tom.
September 16, 2019 at 5:19 am #1010486Grant
Some of my queries may be answered here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/wpshowposts-creates-seo-isues/ so feel free to amalgamate the posts as you see fit.
I am using WP Show Posts as a layout page. The content deals with cultural practices in South Africa and there is a brief textual description at the top of the page, following which posts in a particular sub-category are shown.
My questions are:
- Will the content on this page be indexed and made available in search results? If so, what is made indexed? I am displaying H2 heading and excerpts.
- Do GP Premium and WP Show Posts (free) paginate in different ways? I checked pagination, chose to display 10 posts (but had 16) and the pagination did not work / show up. So, I subsequently set it to display 20 posts.
GrantSeptember 16, 2019 at 6:26 am #1010530DavidStaffCustomer Support
WP Show Posts is designed to add post lists as content any where in your site, and as such those pages will be indexed as any regular page would. Google will see them as list of articles and links.
You need to set the Posts per Page in each of the WPSP lists you create.September 16, 2019 at 8:02 am #1010748Grant
Thanks for the info on indexing, David.
With regards to the posts, I have 16 posts to show on this page. If I set the Posts per Page to 10: https://imgur.com/liOhA1s and check Pagination, only 10 show and I don’t see any pagination, i.e. I can’t click to Page 2 to access the remaining 16 posts.September 16, 2019 at 8:04 am #1010752DavidStaffCustomer SupportSeptember 16, 2019 at 8:07 am #1010759Grant
Sure, here you go: http://bit.ly/2mgRLV3
Currently set to show 10 posts with Pagination enabled.September 16, 2019 at 8:14 am #1010767DavidStaffCustomer SupportSeptember 16, 2019 at 9:55 am #1010853Grant
Sure, I have now done that.September 16, 2019 at 11:41 am #1010950DavidStaffCustomer SupportSeptember 16, 2019 at 1:21 pm #1011010Grant
Hmmm, seems to work: http://bit.ly/2lXgSMmSeptember 17, 2019 at 2:01 am #1011325DavidStaffCustomer SupportSeptember 17, 2019 at 3:13 am #1011367Grant
Ok, thanks for your help. We’ll de-activate some plugins and see what is causing the problem.September 17, 2019 at 3:14 am #1011369DavidStaffCustomer SupportSeptember 17, 2019 at 5:12 am #1011457Grant
- I de-activated all plugins except GP Premium and WP Show Posts.
- I checked Pagination and set WP Show Posts to show 10 of the 16 posts, i.e. to force the pagination
It still didn’t work – i.e. pagination didn’t work. Tried it on another test post and it didn’t work either.
So, on my site, it works on pages but not on posts. You may want to explore further but I am just going to show all posts for the time being.September 17, 2019 at 10:50 am #1011851TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
Just to confirm, the same list with the same settings has pagination on pages, but not posts?
Let me know and I’ll do some testing 🙂
Thanks!September 17, 2019 at 1:08 pm #1011961Grant
Yes, I’m using the same shortcode on a page and a post so same list and same settings. Pagination works on the page but not the post.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.