[Support request] Security recommended

Home Forums Support [Support request] Security recommended

Home Forums Support Security recommended

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anil

Hi

1. I read your post about autoptimize… great.

2. which cache plugin works best with GPP….

3. which security plugin works best with GPP….

Regards.

Ender

Please be careful with some heavy Plugins. Use lightweight plugins.

Look here: http://pagepipe.com/free-discrete-plugins-replace-bloated-security-plugins/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if properly configured all ( well coded ) Cache plugins will work with GP. A lot of users recommend WP Rocket or WP Fastest Cache. Here at GP we don’t use any ( aside of the Cache autoptimizer provides ) – and leave it to the server.

Good article from Ender there ( thanks Ender ) – if you can manually harden your site then great, but a lot of users go for iThemes Security or WordFence.

alberto-salas

Hi David and Generatepress Support!

I recently got my website hacked, and I managed to clean it up! I have now Autoptimize and Wordfence installed.
    I was wondering if installing the Ithemes Security plugin and have the 3 plugins installed (all at once) would be a good Idea?
    I am a believer of the least plugins the better, but I don’t want to have to clean up my websites again…
    Should I use these plugins together (i Themes security + wordfence)?
    I would be glad to hear your opinion on this!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I was wondering if installing the Ithemes Security plugin and have the 3 plugins installed (all at once) would be a good Idea?

We can’t really say its a bad idea but it doesn’t seem good either. There are pros and cons you have to weigh in. (cost, server load, compatibility & plugin config & management vs. level of security).

It’s a matter of personal preference.

I am a believer of the least plugins the better, but I don’t want to have to clean up my websites again…

Yes, less is more. It helps knowing why you were hacked in the first place. Since human factor can also be an issue. (getting phished)

Should I use these plugins together (i Themes security + wordfence)?
    I would be glad to hear your opinion on this!

They can work together but at the cost of more strain on the server. Plus it’s not guaranteed to always work well with each other when one or both of them does any plugin update.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.