Home Forums Support Sections titles

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Heath

Tom,

I really like how you can assign custom classes to Sections and hide/show them under various circumstances.

When the Sections are collapsed, it shows the contents, which if it’s just an image the collapsed header is blank.

As I create multiple sections with different custom classes, it would be helpful to be able to assign titles to the sections rather than the title just showing the contents.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Heath,

I thought about this when I was developing it. I decided against it because it would be another value that WP would have to save into the database, and that value wouldn’t even be used for any other purpose than organizing in the back-end.

I wanted to keep the amount of fields to a minimum, as things can get pretty slow when there’s a lot of fields to save when you hit update.

I agree though, it’s not so user friendly when there’s no title at all. I’ll have to think about this and see if I can come up with anything ๐Ÿ™‚

Heath

I understand what you’re saying. It doesn’t affect how the sections operate. Basically what I’ve done is create A and B versions of each section, and used the CSS classes to hide/show them based on the screen size (desktop vs. mobile).

Another suggestion (rather than creating a new post), in the Element Spacing add-on, it’d be nice to be able to modify the footer widget widths. So, instead of even spacing, someone could give additional proportion to one of the footer widget columns.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can do that using filters pretty easily – check this out: http://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/choosing-footer-widgets/#widget-widths

Heath

Oh. Cool! Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.