[Resolved] Sections or widget for custom layout?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sections or widget for custom layout?

Home Forums Support Sections or widget for custom layout?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Grant

Hello,

I am building a site for low-end users so performance is key, which is why I am using your theme, and have read your optimisation tips.

I have read forum posts on people wanting dynamic (blog) and static content on one page as I want a particular layout. But I couldn’t find a definite solution so am reaching out here. So, for example, on the homepage I would like to see (top to bottom)

• A full-width search bar
    • A tag cloud
    • Blog posts

This could be achieved with a Pagebuilder but could I do this with your Sections? Otherwise, I see on the forums that you often recommend:

for this type of blend of blog posts and static content. What do you think would work best and load quickest – sections or widgets – or something else?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the two plugins you mention would be a good way to achieve this along with Sections. This would be a lot faster then adding a pagebuilder to construct the same layout.

Grant

Thanks for the quick reply and confirmation of what I was thinking, David. One of two further points of clarification if you don’t mind?

I want to have a full-width site, (i.e. no sidebars) and I want some of the features, like the search bar and tag cloud to be available throughout the site, not just on the homepage. Do I need to get someone to edit the core files or is there an easier way of doing this please?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The Hook Element will do just that and you can set display rules for where you want it displayed:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

Visual guide for all the major hook locations:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-visual-guide/

Grant

Looks good, thanks. Now I have a better idea I can discuss better with my developer. Cheers and have a good day! B-)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.