[Resolved] Sections disappear in migrated site

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sections disappear in migrated site

Home Forums Support Sections disappear in migrated site

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Walker

Hi there, after migrating my website database from my live server into a new localhost database, my sections don’t appear in my localhost pages.

I can, however, see the sections’ content in wp_postmeta.meta_value, they’re just not showing up on the local site/WP dashboard.

I get the following errors:
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\xampp\htdocs\newLocal\wp-content\plugins\generate-sections\functions\generate-sections.php on line 159

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\xampp\htdocs\newLocal\wp-content\plugins\generate-sections\functions\templates\generate-sections-page-template.php on line 39

I am running GeneratePress 1.3.27 (with a child theme) and GenerateSections 1.0.14

Any ideas what might have gone wrong during migration?

Thanks in advance.
    Dan

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Since Sections are serialized entries, you can’t do any manual search/replacing of URLs in the database.

I would re-start the migration and use a plugin like Duplicator, All in One Migration, or even Velvet Blues Update URLs. They all take serialized options into account when replacing URLs.

Daniel Walker

Thanks Tom. I’ve used Duplicator for migrations before, so can go back to that. In this instance I just wanted to try a manual migration but now I can see how the serialised data would get messed up by updating the URLs in phpMyAdmin.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Confused me pretty good once too.

You can still do a manual migration, just use a plugin like Velvet Blues Update URLs to do the URL search/replace ๐Ÿ™‚

Daniel Walker

I did get it working with Better Search and Replace, although I still had to re-publish some sliders that couldn’t find their background images for some reason.
    Thanks again.
    Dan

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.