[Resolved] Sections and Yoast SEO

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sections and Yoast SEO

Home Forums Support Sections and Yoast SEO

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mark millmore

I’m having a problem with sections turned on – Yoast SEO reports that there is no body text but a similar page with sections turned off is ok.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yoast doesn’t recognize the Sections WP editors – it only looks for the default one (as it should).

You can ignore that report from Yoast – your body text is still recognized by search engines πŸ™‚

Jim

Hi Tom,

I see from your previous reply that you say not to worry when using ‘sections’ within GP resulting in the Yoast SEO plugin flagging a body text score of zero. I have passed on these wise words to clients when they flag this problem. However, they get very attached to using Yoast to build and monitor their SEO and it is proving difficult to convince them that all is well. I’ve now had someone trying to get their business by rubbishing GP as the parent theme choice and siting the Yoast plugin as an example of incompatibility. I know this is untrue but it is very difficult to argue against?

The plugin ‘Advanced Custom Fields’ had a similar problem, which was addressed by also installing the ‘NS Custom Fields Analysis for WordPress SEO’ plugin. I wondered whether something similar might be done to enable GP and Yoast to play nice together and remove client anxieties?

Jim

mark millmore

Yes that’s a problem with sections. However, I love GP so much I can live without sections – I’ve turned it off on most of my sites. Some of my clients don’t like seeing the 0 word score and some don’t like the explanation.
    Let me know if you find a solution.

I’ll make a donation with each new website, in future, to help things along.

My advise – for the time being – lose the sections if they are a source of bad reviews because GP is brilliant and I’m sure you’ll work it out sooner or later.

Let me know if you need some new good reviews to counter the bad ones, which are undeserved.

Mark Millmore

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

One solution (until I create a bridge where Yoast talks to Sections) is to turn Sections off, and click the “Send Sections to Editor” button.

Then turn Sections back on.

This will send all of your Section content to the default editor so Yoast can analyze it.

Other than this one issue with Yoast, Sections is great. I use it on this site on almost every page – not sure what I’d do without it! πŸ™‚

Let me know if either of you have any questions.

Jonathan

Excellent tip! I came here looking for an answer to this one myself! Why am I not surprised that the King of Themes had already covered it. Thanks Tom! I have a green light now!

First run with sections, I’m diggin’ it for real.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re very welcome! Glad it was helpful πŸ™‚

Derek

Hello Tom,

Is there any update release date on the bridge between sections and Yoast?

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Currently the best method is to turn Sections off, then click the “Send sections to editor” button.

Then turn Sections back on and save. This will show Yoast the content which can then be scanned.

In the next version of Sections, the sections content will automatically be added to the editor when you save.

Patricia

Thanks for the solution to the Yoast/Sections issue, it’s been very helpful!

I found that it works perfectly the first time I do this (Sections off > Send Sections to Editor > Sections back on > Save), but if I make further changes to the same page and try to repeat this process (to get an updated Yoast analysis), I get a popup that says: “Error: content already detected in default editor.” Yet the changes are not reflected in the non-sections editor.

Is there a way to send sections to editor more than once so that as a page is updated in sections, it can also update in the non-sections editor?

As always, thank you for the awesome theme, and for helping us all with our learning curves!! πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Right now you’ll want to remove the default section content and click the button again.

In the next version the content is sent there automatically whenever you save your page πŸ™‚

Patricia

Worked like a charm, thanks!! πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.