[Resolved] Sections and visual/text issue

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sections and visual/text issue

Home Forums Support Sections and visual/text issue

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bard

Hi!

Question about the brilliant Sections plugin and edit mode (visual/text).

I have to edit content in text-mode, due to short-codes. But when saving it re-appears in visual mode, adding line-breaks and thus breaking short-code content. Is it possible to make it re-appear in the same mode it was saved in, like when editing ordinary post/page?

Regards, Bård

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Bard,

Yea, I’m aware of this issue – I have someone working on it right now to improve it, but I can’t make any promises at this point in time.

Repeatable editors have been a huge hurdle – they certainly haven’t made it easy.

That being said, adding shortcodes inside the visual editor shouldn’t be breaking anything – WordPress adds the same HTML whether you’re using the Visual/Text editor on save.

Are you using the latest version of Premium/Sections? Improvements were made on how the editors handle shortcodes in the latest version.

In time I hope to have the editors behave the exact same as the default editor – it’s still quite a new plugin 🙂

Chad Biggs

Is it possible to disable the visual tab with a function?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s possible to disable it in your profile by going to “Users > Your Profile”.

Chad

ok, I still cant use a  . It keeps stripping it.

-Chad

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Chad

Sweet! Thank you Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Chad

I just found an answer that I lost and was looking for but couldn’t find till now. Instead using ‘ ’ you can use a CSS and a class like this.

`.hidegrid {
    content: ‘.’;
    visibility: hidden;
    }’

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s another way for sure, but   is probably a little more simple for things like this.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.