[Resolved] Section block is not nativ?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Section block is not nativ?

Home Forums Support Section block is not nativ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Sebastien

Hi,

I don’t find “Section” block (also called “Group”?) into WordPress block list.
    Is the only way to use it is to instal Gutenberg plugin?
    I thought it was a best practice SEO to divide into logical section the content…

But, in nativ wordpress.. the only way for me to “group” my content is to use either columns block (but I can’t set 1 column) or Media & Text block.

1)Do you know if they plan to implement this block in a near future into WordPress?
    In case of using wordpress blocks, do you recommand to also instal/use Gutenberg plugin?

2) Is there any impact to use group (or section) block to organize content for SEO? Or is it recommanded to do use it (because it add useless? DOM)

thanks..

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1. the Group Block is currently only available if you install the Gutenberg plugin.
    All updates to the editor get released in the Plugin first, as it has a shorter development cycle of around 2 weeks, whereas WP is much longer, more like 6 – 8 weeks so the plugin is always more up to date. Yes, use the plugin for the newer features and more current bug fixes.

2. No impact on SEO whatsoever. It simply adds a DIV around your content. The styling controls are currently only a background color, so it has limited use without adding some CSS.

Sebastien

David,
    That’s a really very very very helpfull answer thanks you so much.
    Now I understand the point.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.