[Resolved] Section Background Positioning

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Section Background Positioning

Home Forums Support Section Background Positioning

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Unyte

Is there a way to set the background image position when using sections with GP?

There doesn’t seem to be an option in the Section Settings (using Catalyst site theme), but the theme is injecting it as an inline style.

At present I have worked around this by putting background-position-y:bottom !important; in the CSS, but I hate using !important because that’s just bad coding practice.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the inline CSS is coming from the Parallax option being enabled. Without parallax there is no inline styles. So you could create a CSS rule – for example:

.bg-right-center {
        background-position: right center;
    }

Then add the bg-right-center class to any of the Sections in the settings tab that you require.

Unyte

This sort of worked, but it’s generating some erratic behaviour… the image loads correctly, and renders with the correct background-y position. However, the moment I scroll, the image shifts to default “top” positioning.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

As i said – if you have the Parallax option enabled in the Section Settings this will inline a background-position-y: #px; which is what gets adjusted as you scroll on to create the effect.

Unyte

Sorry – it was Autoptimize not deleting cache properly. Sorted it now.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – glad to hear you got it resolved.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.