[Resolved] Secondary menu still showing after disable

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Secondary menu still showing after disable

Home Forums Support Secondary menu still showing after disable

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Alexander

Hi Tom,

I am using the disable option on the pages to not display my secondary menu. However on my posts page (BLOG) it still shows up even if I have it disabled.

http://www.ajnorfield.com is the website.

Alexander

Alexander

It seems that Blog page is not correctly refreshing or something. I still see the mailpoet newsletter subscribe widget on that page as well, while the plugin is currently deactivated…

At least in Firefox, as I do NOT see it in Chrome…

Alexander

Okay reactivated W3 cache and emptied all caches, now at least the newsletter etc. does not show anymore. However secondary menu is still there.

Seems to me because I make it the “posts” under the ‘set front page’ option it somehow ignores the disabled elements menu of the page created.

Alexander

bdbrown

I think you’re right. When set as the “Posts page” the main body class changes from “page” to “blog”. Probably something for Tom to review.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

When a page is set as a blog, WordPress ignores all page specific meta – kind of annoying.

To hide the secondary navigation on your blog, use this CSS:

.blog .secondary-navigation {
        display: none;
    }
    bdbrown

Good to know. Thanks Tom πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! It’s the same reason we need a Blog Page Header options page, and a Blog Sidebar Layout option in the Customizer.

Let me know if that works for you or not Alexander πŸ™‚

Alexander

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. As I am not fully familiar yet with editing the CSS directly I just wanted to double check which of the CSS files I should edit for that. I am currently using the GeneratePress Main theme and I thought I read somewhere I would first have to create a child theme for my site, as if I don’t the next theme update will overwrite my changes. Is that correct?

I can easily FTP into the site and access the CSS files, but there are plenty to choose from. πŸ™‚

So do I need to go here: ../wp-content/themes/generatepress/css/ ?

Or somewhere else πŸ™‚

I have not set the CSS to writing rights apparently as I can not edit the CSS directly from the wordpress dashboard.

Much appreciated!

Alexander

Alexander

Hi Tom,

Saw your signature link with adding CSS. Working on it ^_^.

Alexander

Alexander

Worked like a charm. Jetpack was still on the list to install and activate anyways. Used their custom CSS option to add those lines.

I would call this one solved πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad it worked! πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.