Secondary Menu Mirrors Main Menu

Home Forums Support Secondary Menu Mirrors Main Menu

Home Forums Support Secondary Menu Mirrors Main Menu

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mary Pearson

Tom I had this issue before on one of my other sites and it was never resolved. I’m wondering if you might have new insight this time if I explain myself better than I did before.

Website in question is https://ChristianGays.com. I need to create a secondary menu, just as I did for https://PlantBest.com.

I create a secondary menu and set its location, but instead of showing the items in the secondary menu it shows a repeat of the main menu. It doesn’t matter if I locate the secondary menu in a widget, above header, left sidebar, etc.

Example, if I set the position to be under header where the main menu is now, I get two navigation menus, one on top of the other, with identical links and sub-menu links.

I have tried this with slide-out menu and the same thing happens. I have tried with different items in the secondary menu from one item to five with sub-menus. I have deleted the secondary menu and created new menus several times.

I have disabled all my plugins and have tried with a different theme except the other theme doesn’t support secondary menu so I can’t test that.

I currently have secondary menu disabled since this is a live site. I’m wondering if you have any other ideas that I might try.

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Mary,

I remember this – unfortunately I’m not sure what’s going on. It must be something to do with your installation or server settings, as no one else has ever reported anything similar, and I’ve never experienced it before.

The fact that it’s working on your other site tells me the same thing – there’s something going on with the server of the problem website.

Mary Pearson

Thanks Tom. That information does help. I’ll ask my Systems Admin about it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.